I can't get over the one that got away?

It's been a half year since we went separate ways due to misunderstandings. He hurt (not seriously) me in the process so I couldn't make up with him you know. I hold grudges forever. We both liked each other a lot, we weren't in a relationship but we were together for months. He contacted me afterwards but I turned him down. I showed no interest in getting back together but I was literally dying on the inside, I had no clue what to do and he was such a mess at that point. About a month later he suddenly has a girlfriend! I knew it was over so I did everything I could to ignore my feelings for him. I ignored him when he greeted me and I ignored him when he was looking for eye contact or stared at me. I ignored him when he shoved her in my face.. I've had flings with other guys but at the end of the day I was thinking about him and our "unfinished business." Always. I can't be in the same room as him, if that happens I find myself crying on the way home. I miss everything we had. I keep running away and pretend like we never met. He has a girlfriend and I'm still in love with him. I don't know how to get over it, please help me out?

Sponsored

What Guys Said 0

What Girls Said 1

• Stop thinking of him as the one that got away. Think of him as some guy you dated.

• He's not just some guy I dated. He is the only person I been in love with instead of like.

• Yes I know, just try not to put so much weight on it