Why do I fall so hard?

I was happily single for 3 years and I'm just out of my second failed relationship almost back to back. We were dating for 6 weeks and I asked was it a relationship, he said it wasn't and then dumped me today cause he said I want too much too fast, we had about 20 dates and had slept together, I just thought it may have been moving forward, I was starting to develop feelings for him, he messaged that our paths may cross again? What does this mean? I didn't reply, I was courteous and dignified and thanked him and wished him well, I did admit that I was hurt but respected his decision. I just want to stop making this mistake.

Most Helpful Guy

• You didn't do anything wrong. That guy seems like a disaster waiting to happen. At the 6 week mark, you should at least know where you two stand. If his response to that is "we're over" then all I can say is that you dodged a bullet.

• Thanks so much, I agree, I was afraid to ask, even that told me so much.

• Sure thing. Just to add onto what I already said: Guys who are interested are just as curious as you regarding what their status is. With my last girlfriend, I made it clear that I wanted to be exclusive from day 1 - we were close friends prior to dating, so it made sense.

Most Helpful Girl

• So sleeping together is not moving fast but if you ask if you are poperly dating then suddenly it becomes a suffocating subject lol.
    I think dates are nothing unless the guy really shows some commitment like wanting to marry you , tells you he loves you and sees you as a person he cares for and want to share with you everything he experiences.

Things has changed so much lately and becomes more chaotic to people kiss and they don't know if they are official... they sleep with each other and they don't know what they are to each other..

• I know, I wholeheartedly agree, I wish I hadn't of been intimate with him but women, me included think that this increases our chances of a relationship, all it really does is decreases our value, thanks for your opinion, it's been helpful

• I'm not blaming you but like you saud it does decrease our value.
      Women when they go to bed with someone they give their whole heart and get emotionally attached which is supposed like that since originally sex is ment for having a family and bonding with each other however a lot if guys are like horny dogs in the moment of heat just want sex and nothing else. You learn from these mistakes next time you won't give him that unless he respects you and does see you as an important somebody/partner to him.

Sponsored

What Guys Said 2

• First, you did nothing wrong, secondly you have handled it maturely.

To his remark about paths crossing you should have replied that you have taken a separate path and be clear that he let you go.

Perhaps you should be single for a while and make your own happiness.

• Thank-you, I wish him well it's just right I feel hurt and rejected, I deleted his number straight away so can't reply but that would have been useful for him to know, again, thanks xxx

• Hmm, sounds like he's actually missing an ex girlfriend here. Maybe your a rebound

• His last girlfriend was 5 years ago

• I see. He may have someone else that he likes that you don't know about but either way stand up for what you want if he can't provide that then tell him to beat it. But if he changes his mind welcome him with open arms :)

What Girls Said 2

• You fall so hard because you let yourself get emotionally invested relatively quick, and before you've even dtr.

If you want to stop making the mistake, simply don't let yourself get too invested, going into it with your guards down, until you're certain (as in it has been discussed) that both individuals are on the same page.

• That is so beta. Man the fck up u cuck.