Money is the number one cause of divorce in American. Why don't people just marry rich?

Marriage is a partnership, and both individuals need to be well-informed about how much their partner earns.

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• I have three problems with this
    1. What makes a person rich? Is it simply having a bunch of money or must you have more money than others? Can you be rich in something non monetary? Is there a certain threshold of things that makes a person rich rather than poor of middle class?
    2. It's true money is usually the number one reason of divorce but it's not the lack of money that causes the divorce it's the use of the money. People get divorced because of how the money is being earned and spent and by whom. It's not simply the lack of money that causes the issues.
    3. Knowing isn't always the answer. Full disclosure may work for some people but I've seen plenty of healthy relationships that have a joint fund for shared expenses and activities and a separate fund for personal use. Some people actually cause more problems with full monetary disclosure especially when there's a substantial disparity between earning and spending habits.

1|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• My parents were poor af. They could have lasted had my dad not been a cheating whore.

0|0
    0|0
Sponsored

What Guys Said 5

• People who tend to have a lot of money have different interests, beliefs, and ideas than people who tend to have less money. These are the differences that make relationships across a wide financial gap difficult.

At the risk of over generalizing, a woman who is an attorney and earns a lot of money might go to business networking events after work (Rotary Club, Chamber of Commerce, Board of Realtors, other local business or community organizations), work after hours, believe in saving and investing money, and believe that the government doesn't owe her anything but to stay out of the way of her running and building her business.

A man who works in a factory and struggles to make ends meet might come home from a long day of work and want nothing more than to sit down and drink a beer or two while watching TV, and because he doesn't have much extra income, the idea of saving or investing money seems like something that only "rich" people do, so instead he puts whatever extra money he CAN save into his motorcycle or into his home theater system, and believes that it's the obligation of the government to provide healthcare and social security benefits for when he is old enough to retire, and that "rich" people should pay for it.

Those two examples of people in different economic situations would likely not be able to maintain a healthy relationship, even if they both thought each other was a good person, they like the same football team, enjoy eating at the same burger joint, and both someday want to have a family and children.

I think the argument could be made that lack of financial education and discipline, as well as poor communication, are the big causes of divorce. Money itself doesn't cause the divorce. Stress caused by LACK of money, or by poor financial decision making, is what most likely leads to divorce.

0|0
    0|0
  • Because only a small fraction of the population is rich and most of them aren't stupid enough to marry someone who just wants their money

0|2
    0|0
  • 1) Because rich people are few and far between

2) Because those rich people tend to be smart enough to protect their shit from gold-diggers

3) Because rich people want other rich people for obvious reasons

0|0
    0|0
  • I'd marry a sugar momma if I could find one.

0|0
    0|0
  • Smh Where did you get the false statistics?

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 1

• because women here love broke pot smoking bad boyzzz

0|0
    0|0