How do I gain his trust again?

I thought it would be a good idea to jokingly break up with my boyfriend on April fools. It was not. But I realized that after I did that. I hurt him pretty bad. We are away from each other until this month is over but he said he doesn't trust me and probably won't ever. How can I show him that he can trust me?

Most Helpful Guy

• Please don't play these kind of pranks and jokes on men. At least not all men are capable of understanding these kind of jokes. This guy seems to be of a serious type and so clearly doesn't appreciate your behavior and he is right also.

I don't think you can do anything, if he forgives you that's good otherwise it's clear that he has broken up with you.

Next time don't do this on any other guy.

Most Helpful Girl

• Well, first off i really hope you've learned from this experience, that some things are not meant to be joked about. And how to make him trust you again? That's not so easy, tell him that you regret what you did and that it was a terrible thing to do, give him time, and if he needs it also space.

Sponsored

What Guys Said 3

• you already told him it was a joke so all you can do is wait for him to come around.

• All you can do is wait to see if he forgives you. Aside from the hurt, you've also demonstrated you'll do some pretty stupid stuff and he might be worried about what you'll do next thinking it's funny.

• Well that is abit intense lol that's like saying o your grandads dead lol

What Girls Said 1

• Nothing you can do but give him time and not do stupid shit like that again.