Girls, how would you deal with this situation?

What are some ways you cope with being hurt, dumped, etc? I mean, I've gone through this before but for some reason, this is 100x worse because I actually fell for the guy (I've never been in love or have really "fallen" for anyone). I have my own ways to cope, it's just that this time around it hurts a lot and I find myself sulking A LOT. Pretty much every day.

A little back story. I'm into this guy. A LOT. Things were great but we were just casually dating. Well, he was also dating this other girl as well (he was honest with me about it from day one and he was just dating around). Well I've noticed they've gotten closer, almost boyfriend/girlfriend level, yet he still wants to see me. I think that's pretty messed up because if I was her, I wouldn't want him doing that. He hasn't told me that it's gotten serious, as if he's trying to keep it hidden to keep what we have going a little bit longer. It's really irritating me but I love what we have. I know the right thing to do is walk away from him but my heart wants me to stay. I just don't know what to do.

Most Helpful Girl

• Don't cope just move on. Coping will only get you hurt in the long run. Don't let people string you along. I've had that happen to me before and it hurts, a lot. You deserve someone that will make you a priority, and make time for you. Someone that will treat you right, and not leave you just for another woman. I honestly think that if a person truly likes you they will make time for no matter what. They won't make excuses whatsoever. Don't ever let a guy walk over you because it shows that he has more power of you than you do yourself. If he wants to date that other woman that is on him. Do not ever let a person just tag you along, just for the sake of it. If someone was treating me that way I wouldn't want to be dating them anymore, I would just move on.

Sponsored

What Girls Said 3

• Here is my honest answer: Stop coping and move on. Coping will lead you no where and your going to be in a endless cycle of depression and regret. There is no such thing as 'falling in love', you either loved that person, learned to love them or your didn't. The problem is that you were fooling around with him and your paying the consequences of it now. If he is seeing someone else, just walk away. He can not have both. He wants his cake and eat it to. He is using you. Move on.

• Definitely walk away you deserve someone who likes you as much as you like them and wants just you! It's not fair he's having his cake and eating it whereas you're left feeling sad. Regain some power and end it, who knows it might make him realise what he had with you! I know it's hard I recently broke up with my boyfriend and was/am heartbroken, I find exercise and keeping busy helps but time really is the best healer as they say :) Oh and complete no contact after will help you get over him

• Honestly honey, I think its best i you walk away. Dont let this drag on, it can and WILL get worse. If he's ok with cheating on her, what makes you think he's not gonna cheat on you. If he really likes you, he would have picked you and stopped dating her. You have to strive to be The Women not The other women.