Was this a dumb reason to break up with her?

So I am a quiet guy who keeps to himself and I also don't date much because I don't like dating. However, I tried dating an outgoing attractive girl at college. It didn't work well at all. I decided to break up with her today. I broke up with her because she tried to make me socialize with her friends, wanted me to stop gaming, cooked for me (I can do that myself), and was very aggressive in her personality. I told her that we weren't compatible because we are different people and I enjoyed my life without a woman in it (bad wording I now realize it). She got pissed off. What did I do wrong?

Most Helpful Girl

• Yeah bad wording. There like you said, you know what you did wrong.
    Your reason is acceptable. But got wording is very wrong, it may translate to "dating you was a mistake" .
    You should've put some effort and made it sound nicer.
    But then again, given the bluntness, maybe you were in rage the moment you said that? So now that you're calmer, try apologizing and clearing up. Tell her you're not comfortable with her trying to change you... And all.
    I'm giving you this tip since you seem to care.

• The main issue was her trying to make me stop playing video games. I knew then when she started trying to change me it was the beginning of the end.

Most Helpful Guy

• You tried to put a square peg in a round hole.

Sponsored

What Girls Said 10

• No, I think you were just way too incompatible.

• Nothing. You weren't comfortable.

• You basically said you wasted her time and she's unimportant to you as you 'dont need a woman.'
    In dating you do meet each others friends as theyre part of sharing your lives. And she probably cooked for you to treat you. So she'd see that as ungrateful

• Ungrateful was her trying to change who I was. She never liked me, she wanted to change who I was. That is why I dumped her.

• Tf? She was trying to help... obviously your not willing to take it so I guess in the long run not being with you is good for her

• No she wasn't. She wanted to be someone I wasn't.

• Based on your responses I think you've got a strong opinion and don't think you did anything wrong by breaking up with her. I don't think what we say will change anything.

• Nothing she couldn't help the truth

• Nah, you were like chalk & cheese.

• You just realized you are actually gay 😛

• So because I spoke up for myself and developed a backbone that makes me gay?

• that's not wrong your are just not compatible that's all. my boyfriend is really outgoing and all but i personally like it cause he talk for the both of you like that

• No I think it's good that you did otherwise you'd have to do it down the road. Anyway, if you don't want to be uncomfortable and she keeps trying to get u to socialise and you don't want to its fine. Try to meet a girl at a library or somewhere where you see tbey are introverted that way theyd be happy if you played games and didn't socialise too much

• Nothing, don't worry about it.

What Guys Said 6

• I don't think you did anything wrong. She was probably more upset about it because it sounds like you were the one constantly being forced out of your comfort zone by her while she got to just keep doing what was comfortable for her, so she didn't see the incompatibility like you did.

• No, you didn't do anything wrong. You were only being honest with her.

• Regarding the break up, you didn't do anything wrong, per se.

In general, though, sounds like you blew a great opportunity lol.

• Not at all a dumb reason to break up. If somebody is going to walk into your life and change you until they like you, what's the point? Why not find someone who appreciates you for who you are right off the bat?

• No the making you stop gaming is a legit reason to break up, she's trying to change you, and that means she didn't trully like you

• I don't see any wrong all what you said is what you want and it's honest