Can I be friends with my ex?

It's been like what? 5 months since our breakup... and I moved on, and I think he did also. And ever since our breakup we stopped texting or talking to each other but I miss talking to him, I have to admit before dating we were friends, and it felt nice talking to him. And I just don't like things to be awkward between us. I know we can't be best friends or talk about our past together but I just want to leave it in the past and focus on the present and be friends because I miss his company as my friend...

Most Helpful Guy

• You can. It's definitely possible to stay friends with your ex. BUT it's not something only one of you can do and it's risky business. Even if his company still means a lot to you shouldn't force him to stay friends. An obligatory friendship is not a good thing to have. It may be awkward, but if you can, ask him where he stands on that issue. If he thinks you guys can still be friends, you can try to make the effort and hope for the best. You'd have to make it clear that you're not trying to rekindle your old romance, and that you still value him as a friend. He may or may not need time to think about it. However, if he feels that staying friends isn't best for him, and therefore you, you'll have to accept it. 'Course, this approach is VERY direct, and truthfully, friendship with an ex is dependent on your having a strong bond BEFORE the relationship and the nature of the breakup. If you haven't truly moved on, you might end up relighting old feelings and get burned in the end... Knowing that, if you feel like taking a chance, I wish you all the courage in the world...

Sponsored

What Guys Said 5

• No, it's never suggested that you be friends with your ex.

• It's definitely possible, but in my case me and my ex there're 4 months since our breakup, but she reject talking to me, by blocking my messages in facebook saying I don't wanna talk to you and stuff like that.
    But she didn't remove me from her friend list? for what? once she don't wanna talk to me why she didn't remove me, or our pictures together...

• I think because it's hard for her to move on in my oponion...

• Yes and she post statuses like : Your next day will be never better, if you think about the previous one.(yesterday)

• if you're both mature enough, or if the relationship was insignificant enough (which at U18 it probably was), then sure.

• Sure if you choose too

• Risky bizz.

What Girls Said 1