Messaging an ex happy birthday?

So me and my ex broke up 8 months ago, she has moved and is now dating someone else. We dated for 5 years and the break up was kinda rough. She was a good friend and I still care about her. Would it be a mistake to message her happy birthday? We haven't spoken for about 4 months and kept my distance.

Most Helpful Girl

• Why not? As long as you KISS her (Keep It Simple Stupid - not physically touch your lips to her body) whats the worst that can happen? Might be a good way to bridge the gap to friendship again.

Sponsored

What Girls Said 3

• I think it's okay to do so.. but other people may disagree. If she's already moved on as long as it's just a pure birthday wish without you trying to reconnect or anything I think it's fine.

• Nothing wrong with congratulating someone on their birthday.

• I Dont see anything wrong with it

What Guys Said 2

• I wouldn't do it since you haven't spoken to her for so long. But another way to look at it is you have nothing to loose texting her happy birthday. It's just a text.

• I think juz say happy birthday to her Dont make urself regret.. Happy birthday Juz wishing for her :) Good luck bro