Isn't this considered cheating?

Me and my girlfriend took a month's break from each other, which , she says that we actually broke up for a month. But she had sex with someone else during this time. Why do I feel so betrayed?

• Yes. Its cheating.
    58%(18)63%(32)Vote70%(14)
  • No. Its not.
    42%(13)37%(19)Vote30%(6)
Select a gender to cast your vote:

Most Helpful Girl

• I don't think it's cheating however its GRAY line... it depends on what you two said whilst on a break and deciding to go on one. I would feel betrayed too because it's not like it was a free pass to go and have sex or hook up with others a break is usually done to reflect.

Most Helpful Guy

• Lol, to all the people saying its not, *technically* its not, however it does reflect her sincerity, leave man. If she could consider it and do it within a month of breaking up, makes me wonder how solid the relationship was, its reason enough to leave in my opinion. Don't do this to yourself, you'll only hate yourself.

What Girls Said 7

• It depends. Clearly there was a lack of communication on both sides. Did you ever clarify whether or not you were technically broken up, and whether or not you were both "allowed" to see other people during that time?

• Lack of communication or not, do you think anyone who was genuinely interested in getting back would sleep with someone? Forget the fact that she's a girl, anyone for that matter, Not even a month. Its insincere.

• Lol, look. More women saying its cheating, you feel? Its naive to assume that she did something wrong, but its also naive to assume she's in the right. If this question was turned around, I'm pretty sure the gals pretty pissed.

• *would be

• Since you were on a break, I wouldn't consider it cheating. You technically weren't together.

• It's hard to tell since you both interpreted the situation differently

• Yeah thats cheating. .. knife to the heart in my book

• As far as I'm aware taking a break means you're still together, just having some time apart to give a couple chance to miss eachother. So me personally, I would consider it cheating.

• It's close but you guys were not seeing each other so you took your chances.

• it s cheating

What Guys Said 10

• You took a break, however she knew that you where going to get back together so yes its cheating, its like trying to exploit a legal loophole but the fact is its still cheating she was with you she knew she was and she didn't care because it "didn't count". Clearly she doesn't value what you two have or you in general. Honestly you should break up with her permenantly clearly she doesn't value you if she was willing to do this (and in less then four weeks too). (this is also why you don't go on "breaks" because their is a lot of grey area and things do not get resolved)

• Well, if she broke up with you officially, then she can do whatever she wants and so that will not be termed as cheating. the reason you might be feeling bad could be because you have still not moved on, you might still have feelings for her, or you may you thought there was a chance to get back with her.

• It's technically not cheating but your hurt feelings legitimate and you have no obligation to take her back.

• Its technically not cheating, but you still have every right to be upset, and maybe even break up if it bothers you.

Ik i would be bothered if i were in your shoes, and I'd probably end up breaking up with her.

• only the naive go on "breaks"

• Obviously it's cheating.

• Anything is fair play during a break

• Because men think they own there woman

• It may not be considered cheating but it isn't right. My girlfriend had done that to me before too

• WE WERE ON A BREAK!!!