Why an ex (dumper) you ignore would keep trying to call you?

I have not talked to my ex since he called it off,11 months today. However, he always makes it a point to try and call me every 3 months. I never pick up, and has apparently been asking a friend about me. He called it off due to a "LDR". I Was so hurt, told him I needed time to heal and went quiet. Found 3 missed calls from him yesterday. I did not call back. Any idea what he may be up to? I know the situation could be different for everyone. I finish studies this year so I will be going back home.

Most Helpful Guy

• The naive part in me believes he just misses you. The more cynical one thinks that he just wants the attention or the pussy. Or it could be all three.

Most Helpful Girl

• I think some people are just bad at getting closure for themselves, even if they are the dumper. Not saying you owe him a talk or explanation or anything. Just that he may be trying to contact you because he is unable to move on.

Another possibility is that he wants to get back together with you.

Sponsored

What Guys Said 3

• This is similar to me. Can u message me before it closes? No time to say what i want to say. Thanks

• Its been almost a year. Seriously, can't u pick up the phone?

• Well, he said some really hurtful things at the time, intended or not that all come back whenever his calls come through. Never really had the zeal to pick up or call back.
      Was my first relationship. I guess that's why it hit me hard.

• No, she's not obliged to talk to him if she's trying to move on. Talking may bring feelings back

• @Trotters well, its not like she has to stay on the phone with him
      If he starts saying things like "i miss you" bla bla bla, obviously hang up.

I do agree with the rest tho, maybe its better not to answer him

• Keep ignoring him.. sounds like a creep/stalker

What Girls Said 2