What should I do? Am I a scumbag?

After a long time of trying to make my fuck buddy my boyfriend I realized it was not going to happen. We had a serious talk and I realized that we will never be in a relationship. We dated briefly but it did not go well. I'm hurt but I understand and respect his decision. Problem is that I made a big deal about trying to be friends. (This was 2 months ago when I thought I still had a chance with him) Now I don't really want to talk to him anymore. We're on friendly terms but every week or so he sends me a message to see how I'm doing. I don't feel like talking to him anymore because I feel like I have nothing to say. I don't initiate texts anymore and I feel a bit awful and hypocritical. It's not that I don't care about him, it's just that it hurts to talk to him. I asked if he wanted to go "no contact" but he said no because he says I'm cool. Sometimes I just want to forget he even happened but I still care about him. Any advice? what should I do?

Most Helpful Guy

• You're a little heart broke deary.
    You need a little no contact to heal.

Ask him to go no contact for a month but to initiate contact in a month.
    You'll feel a little better by then.

After all a wound can't heal if you keep picking at it.

Most Helpful Girl

• No you're not a scumbag. I am in a similar boat to you except he became an asshole so i ended it. He still messages me also. I think it's men fantasizing about what they can't have and they know is good. Move on and find a man that wants you for you not just sex.

Sponsored

What Guys Said 1

• "We're on friendly terms but every week or so he sends me a message to see how I'm doing."

What he says is irrelevant. What he does is relevant.

Friends-With-Benefits is an allusion and almost all males (except for the most shallow of assholes) with begin to bond and think of himself as part of a couple (official or not) if he is having steady sex with a woman. Consistent sex with one woman often creates love in the long-run.

He is maintaining contact because he has a bond with you; if you reciprocate, it will likely get better over time.

• "Consistent sex with one woman often creates love in the long run"
      Nope, not in my case. He revealed to me that he slept with multiple women not just me and that he dates other females. Can you explain this "
      What he says is irrelevant. What he does is relevant." I'm a bit confused on that

• People often say things that are politically expedient, but people act based on their real desires. If you meant nothing to him, then he wouldn't bother keeping in touch with you. Now, I am not saying you are special, but you mean more than nothing to him.

What Girls Said 0