How do you get over stop thinking about someone?

I went on a date with a girl, but she got back with her ex. I really like her though and we're still friends, but I can't stop thinking about her, thinking about how we might work out. Any tips on stopping thinking about ways we might work out, thinking about her. I don't want to lose her as a friend though and I really enjoy talking to her. We're also meant to be study partners and would really like to be able to try still being that. Thanks

0|1

Most Helpful Guy

• Ya brother it fucking sucks, I know what you mean, here's my poison pill to emotionally detach:
    1. Focus on all her negatives, avoid thinking about her attractive qualities at all costs
    2. Don't spend time with her, even as a friend. Unless you legitimately thought there was a chance at winning her back maybe? But you gotta decide and stick to your decision.
    3. Meet and date other women like ASAP

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 1

• u watch horror movies.

0|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 1

• It's definitely a hard thing, but I have a good quote that you should find pertinent: "Comedy = Tragedy + Time". It may take a few days, it may take a lifetime, but you're going to naturally get over it sooner or later. Also, replacing those thoughts with other thoughts could also help. Think about other girls instead as potential partners.

0|0
    0|0