Friends with an ex?

Long strong short I dated my ex for 1.5 years broke up 9 months ago, stayed friends because of mutual friends because we were getting along so well our feelings got confused and ended up having a week where we tried "dating" after we slept together after a drunk night out about 3 weeks ago. We decided not enough had changed for us to get back together but we do have feelings for one another however we have gone back to being friends. I'm going to try and avoid being as "friendly" as I was previously to this week, he always brings up things about the relationship and I don't want to talk about it anymore I don't want any reminders of our relationship. I've given up on anything in regards to him, it's not worth caring about when he's not. I can't and don't want to completely cut him from my life but I don't know what I'm suppose to do... help please

Sponsored

What Guys Said 1

• This is one of the prime reasons I have not remained friends with an X there are flashback of what you had v/s where you are now. Coupled with the enevitable jelousey issues if you get a new BF/ girlfriend. The benefits do not ( in my opinion) justify the down side.

What Girls Said 2

• you decide to stop the sex, the friendship or move on. or keep whatever you want. you have the power.
    most men giving the opportunity will have sex with you regardless if he is with or w/o a new partner.

how do you two maintain contact? you call/text him or he initiate?
    i told my ex. we can be friends, but i don't want it to be a one way friendship. no friends with benefits business here...
    he likes me a lot, i have no prob. being his friend.

• I was having problems like this recently. What I did was I had a serious conversation over the phone. Not in person or by text, but by phone. I told him that I absolutely did not want sex and that he brings up things from the past, like our sexual history a lot, and that it feels as though he wants to bang, which I no longer want. Talk it through. Tell him you still love him and care about him as a friend and that you don't want to stop all contact.