Return Ex's possessions?

My ex and I broke up a month ago. We haven't spoken since. I was going through the things she gave me and tossing out old cards, etc. I found 2 books, and a few small things that she loaned me. I am almost positive that she would want them back. Chances are she's too stubborn to get in touch, or just forgot about them.
I don't want to hold onto them. Everything would easily fit into her mailbox. She and her family moved about a month before we broke up, and her home is about 50 miles away from mine. However, I'm going to pass by it to meet with a friend. Should I just leave everything in her mailbox? Or throw them out?

I'd prefer not to have to get in touch with her.

Most Helpful Girl

• Its up to you, when my ex gave me things while we were dating I got rid of them after we broke up. Just because I don't see the point of holding onto it. Especially if you aren't with them anymore. But the choice is yours, do whatever you are comfortable with. I could never hold on to something my ex gave me because it distracts you from moving on.

• Agreed. However, these aren't things that she gave me. Rather, she loaned them to me and asked me to return them whenever I was done with them.

Most Helpful Guy

• If you don't want to hold them, then you should get rid of it really. The choice is yours how you want to do it.

You can drop it back into her mailbox or you can just throw them out, both are fine.

What Girls Said 2

• If you're positive she'd want the things back and you're going by her house already, I'd put them in her mailbox. It's polite, and I would hope that if I was in her situation, someone would do that for me. You don't have to leave a note or anything, and if she is too stubborn to get in touch, you probably won't hear from her.

• Thank you. I'll probably drop them off.

• Since you are going to be out that way, sure, drop them off in the mailbox. Why not? If you made a special trip that would be weird, like you are hoping to get her back. But if you are in the area and don't expect to see her, what is the harm?

What Guys Said 0