I caught my long distance boyfriend cheating on me, should I break up with him?

I'm in a long distance relationship, we met three months ago, he tells me that he loves me & I am the first thought on his mind when he wakes up and wants a future with me. We Skype video call 6+ hours a day, my family knows about him and his mother and father know about me I've met his parents on Skype.

This random girl found my Skype a screen shot of my boyfriend being flirty and sexting her.

I was upset and hurt me, I forgave him.
I couldn't believe anything he told me anymore, two months later I needed to find out if he was still being unfaithful so I made a fake account on social media and sent him a message along with photos of a decent looking girl who had semi nudes, he caught the bait after I kept sending him messaging until he finally replied, they started talking and he asked where I lived and I told him that I lived close to his city, I asked him if he wanted to hangout and he agreed and told the profile that she looked sexy, etc.

when I would stop responding to his text he would text the profile.

He has no idea that I was the one behind the profile & he believes that I was one of my friends because I told him that my friend sent me screen shots.

He cried and told me he didn't cheat & definitely wouldn't ever if we were together in real life.

I feel that since this happened I don't really trust him anymore, I am not stressing about it anymore because I know the truth.

He addmited to me that he can't really trust because of his past relationships the girls were unfaithful, I am faithful but he says he can't %100 trust me because I have a lot of guys in social media who message me.

What should I do? Do you think he is cheating out of bordom, when he isn't talking to me? Insecure? Do you think flirting and sexting is cheating? Do you think I should dump him and wait until we actually meet in person to decide our relationship?
He says that he doesn't want to lose me as his girlfriend.

Thanks.

Most Helpful Guy

• Whether it is long distance or not, once a person cheats on you the best option is to break up with them and move on.

Most Helpful Girl

• If you don't trust him then I think you should break up with him.

Sponsored

What Guys Said 2

• It's time to move on 😶
    You deserve better 😊
    And don't be upset ok?
    Just chill

• haha... distand relatioships... does it even work yet?

What Girls Said 0