Will you always remember your first love? Or after a while do they mostly fade from your memory?

My ex and I dated for 2.5 years and we always talked about marriage. he was my first love and when he went to college he started wanting to party more and be single. he cheated on me, lied about it for a month, then told me and dumped me, claiming he still loved me, then had sex with another girl a week later. then he strung me along for months saying he still loved me, just so he could use me for sex. now he says he wants me out of his life for good and to get over him. he admitted he had another girlfriend and had been cheating on her. so I'm just wondering, is there any way someday he will remember me? is it possible he still thinks about me or has he totally moved on and I have faded from his memory? its been about a year since we broke up.

Most Helpful Guy

• My first love led me on for a month and a half. We had one amazing night together and she was not only my first kiss, but the first girl I ever took serious interest in. We were very close but never official and then she ignored me. I questioned her when I saw her and she said she never cared for me. She said she felt bad I'd never kissed a girl so she obliged me there. Anyway, I hate her to this day but I do think of her on occasion and wonder what she's up to. She's on and off dating the same jerk.

Most Helpful Girl

• Ugh, I wish I could kick his a$$ for you... like literally, shove my stiletto so far up his a$$ so he knows what it feels like to get f*cked. Oh, I am so sorry sweetie. I just get so upset when guys do this crap. Yes, it is very possible that he will remember you. Something will come up, and you will run across his mind. Also, a woman will do to him what he did to you and he is going to have regrets. He will most likely receive an STD, get a chick pregnant and she will run him dry. You dodged a major bullet. Forget this dude, you deserve way more and then some. Let's celebrate his departure. =) xoxoxoxoxoxo

What Guys Said 6

• No, you never forget your first love, no matter how it was, whether it was good or bad you never forget your first love. That person never leaves your head and your heart. Yes memories might fade away but it never go away 100%, some of it will still remain in you till the end of your life ( even if it's just 5%).

• We always remember them, but they're just memories, love disappears with the time. Will he remember you? Yeah, I think he will, but he'll have no feelings (if he ever had them) and neither will you.

• I doubt that you were actually his first love... 'love' is a word that gets tossed around a lot but actually it is something which you can choose. I mean you can always choose who you love and who you don't. Similarly you can also choose whether you remember them or just forget about them, and I think he stopped thinking about you a long time ago when he joined college.

• You should better watch your own thoughts. Seems like you are dependent on him. Fix that and move on!

• I'm not sure how to answer that. I guess generally I try to forget things from my past having to do with friendship, love, and romance that didn't last/work out. I try to see things as an experience and just move on.

• yes i think so

What Girls Said 2

• The memories of them will never fade away. But the feelings and emotions will.

• I just can't seem to forget my first love. Even now after all this time I feel a deep sinking feeling in my heart whenever he comes to my mind. I've learnt to move on, but they'll always be a small broken peace of my heart that a new love can never repair