Is this my fault, his, or both of ours?

Ok, background time. I was dating a guy all semester, and we hadn't decided what we were. We had been hanging out lots and texting every day, and we'd met each other's friends. At one point we had talked about what we were, but the only answer I got from him was that he didn't know what we were. This happened near the beginning of the semester, so it had been a while since we had talked about it. We had progressed a bit farther, so I asked him again. His response was "I've been wanting to talk to you about it too. There are a few things that I need to tell you about". I asked him if the things were good or bad, and he told me that it was a little bit of both. The next day, we talked during lab and he asked me "Are you a strong Catholic?" When I told him yes, he responded with "So you're Catholic and I'm Christian. I don't think this will work". The rest of the group was getting ready to leave, so I told him that we should probably join them. So next day, I leave for a school trip. The following Tuesday (4 days later), we still hadn't had a chance to talk. Right before class, he texted me and told me "Well you massively failed that test". I didn't know what he was talking about, so I asked him and he said "When I said 'that wouldn't work well' you just left. You didn't try to see what I meant or if we could work through it. You just left and got mad. Have you any idea how hard marriage is? I don't want my marriage ending in divorce. I told you I wouldn't just leave without saying I was done. But you assumed I meant I was done when I said it wouldn't work well". I told him that he proved to my friends that he wasn't worth my time/effort and that he's proved to me he's just like my ex. To cut it short, we got into a fight because he pretended to break up with me and I didn't try to fix it right away. We haven't spoken a word to each other since Tuesday. I'm super confused about if I'm in the wrong or if he's in the wrong. I can't decide if I should apologize or not.

Most Helpful Girl

• Do not apologize. He's playing an unnecessary mind game with you. This also shows how immature he is. If he really wanted to know where your mind was he could have simply asked you instead of playing tricks. Don't reach out to him, let him reach out to you. In the mean time, focus on yourself and continue to do what makes you happy.

What Guys Said 2

• That guy doesn't know what he's talking about. Catholicism is far more orthodox form of Christianity than his Protestant cult is.

• That's a tough situation. Honestly, I think he is the one at fault though as it was undoubtedly his decision to make the comment you couldn't be together due to your religious differences. If you really like him though, and sounds like you certainly still have a chance at a relationship.

What Girls Said 0