Ex long-term boyfriend drama?

(By long term I mean a year)
What should I do if my ex long-term boyfriend, 4 months after he broke up with me, ruined my chances of getting with someone new.
Now, months later, I'm getting to know a new guy that my ex boyfriend really looked up to as a friend. This guy really likes me and I want to like him but I'm scared it will be ruined by my ex again?
Should I tell my ex boyfriend ahead of time so he isn't as hurt? Or should I just warn my new guy since they're friends?
Any advice is welcome ❤️

Most Helpful Guy

• Just tell the new guy the situation. At this point, you don't owe your ex anything. And if you do bring it up it might come across as you rubbing it in his face.

• As a guy, your ex coming around to say, "hey, I'm gonna date this guy and I know you're sensitive and I don't want to hurt your feelings. So I wanted to give you a heads up first". Doesn't go over well

Most Helpful Girl

• Tell this new guy about your exes past behaviour, but you could also talk to your ex too and let him know that you've moved on from him and your're dating someone new, so he should move on too.

What Guys Said 1

• Lordy that's a shitty situation you got yourself into just tell you ex you want him to leave your dating life alone and that implies not talking shit about you to your new guy
    Good luck

What Girls Said 2

• I don't recommend you dating someone who is in the same circle of your ex. Birds of a feather, flock together. Be very cautious if you decide to give this new guy a shot. Set your emotions aside for right now. Be inquisitive. Ask questions, really get to know this new guy to see what his intentions are. Remember, men lie, pretend just so that they can get what they want from us. It's possible your ex told him personal things about you, including sexual things and the new guy wants a piece. Go by the new guys actions, not his words.

• How is your ex ruining your chances?