Is it normal for a 17 year old to be heartless?

I am 17 years old and when I was 15 I fell in love with an older man. Now that I broke things off last year ( I was 16 ) I feel almost heartless. I tried dating again but I didn't feel anything. The only thing that works for me is a no strings attached type of thing. I still get really upset because I feel empty and I miss the feeling of being in love. I'm not sure if I made a mistake for cutting things off with the older guy things where going well. But I wasn't ready to give up my free teenage years. It wasn't until too late that I realize that I'm not like a normal teenager. Will I ever be satisfied? As in, can I love someone my age after being with someone more mature? Will I be happy at any point in highschool ( 2 years left ) or college? Will I ever not be heartless?

Most Helpful Guy

• Yep you'll
    It's just that you have to find someone mature of your age group 💁

Most Helpful Girl

• Oh yeah. Don't worry about it at all. I had a huge issue with dating someone and dumping them the next day when I was younger. Guys were too immature and I just couldn't stay interested in any for very long. Got to college, I fell in love and I'm sure you'll find love too. High school is rough but college is where it's at.

Sponsored

What Guys Said 1

• Yes, if you have been hurt multiple times, it's possible for you to built walls to protect yourself, your heart from being hurt further, so that can lead you to become heartless.

it's possible.

What Girls Said 2

• haha I am kinda of heartless.

• All too familiar.. You can only hope.