How do I get over someone who still has feelings for me?

Most Helpful Girl

• This sounds like a mutual crush. If its someone you know and talk to, then just tell them that you don't feel that way about them anymore. If you don't know the person and have never conversed with them. Just maintain your distance from them and avoid them. There was a guy that I didn't know, but I could tell he had a crush on me through reading his body language. I developed feelings for him too. He let it drag on for two years without even initiating a conversation with me. I just felt like he was messing me around and came to the conclusion that he couldn't have been all that interested in getting to know me. So I just shut him down and started ignoring/avoiding him. I was really pissed off. I was blinded by his good looks but he had nothing else to offer. So I've moved on and started window shopping again. This guy blew ample opportunities he had and now he no longer has a hold on me.

• Actually I have the same story but I actually managed to talk to her. After 2 years, I told my crush my feelings and we actually got to meet each other and get to know each other. The problem is that we know we could never be in a relationship but we still have feelings for each other. I am trying to get over her, but not having too much luck in doing so.

Most Helpful Guy

• Ok, so does it bother you that they still feelings for you? However what's the point, I mean they have feelings for you but if you don't feel the same then there is no point in even thinking about these things.

Or do you also have feelings for the other person ( still)?

• We both have feelings for each other, but we can't be together.

Sponsored

What Girls Said 4

• Are the feelings mutual?

• We can't be with each other, but we still have feelings for each other.

• Okay. Thanks I guess.

• If you can't be together , and you aren't speaking you have no other choice but to accept things as they are... no matter how painful the situation

• Tell her.

• What do you mean? Tell her what?

• Ah well I don't know what to suggest then, to be fair trying to discuss things hasn't worked much for me in my love life either. :(

• My entire love life has been like this. It has been really hard on me. I wish people can just be upfront and honest about how they feel about things, and truly think of the other person they are with. That's really unfortunate that you haven't had good communicates with your partners. Trust me, I know what that feels like. Thank you for your opinion.

• Do you have feelings for them?

• What happened that you can't be together? It seems you still care for each other.

• There were three different reasons. First of all, what each of us planned dreamed for the future didn't really work well together. Second, because we couldn't really support each other's needs so we ended up suffering together even if we had feelings for each other and we tried. Third, it turned out that she had a boyfriend all along that she didn't tell me about until the end, so even though she was for it I couldn't really be that kind of guy. Overall, it was probably one of the best experiences and worst experiences I have had so far. I wanted to be with her so badly, but I knew that it took a lot out of me in doing so. At first I wanted her to be happy more than anything, and didn't care if I suffered in the process. Of course, I have to end it. It was really painful for me to do, but I did it. Probably one of the hardest things I have done.

What Guys Said 1

• Unfortunately, there's no trick to dealing with unwanted feelings.
    It would be best to cut off contact then it's just a waiting game until you can finally move on.

I know it's not the answer you're looking for, but there isn't much else to do in that circumstance.