Can you be friends with your ex? He doesn't want to be with me but he wants to stay friends why?

We have been off and on. He doesn't want to be with me but he wants me to be his friend. But why? Can you be friends with someone you love?

Most Helpful Guy

• The better question here is , are you ready to see them find someone else? And can you do that without interfering? Can the other person?

• No I'm not actually. And he says he doesn't want to be with me because everytime we date something feels wrong... but I just don't understand how u can be friends with your ex after being together for over 4 years..

• Personally I can't and never have remained friends. I feel it's best to just make a clean break and that be the end of it. I just can't see any upside to being a willing participant to putting myself through all the various emotions that will arise from seeing them meet someone else , fall in love with that person all the while knowing they couldn't / wouldn't share that part of themselves with you. I just couldn't justify taking that emotional and mental abuse

Most Helpful Girl

• No I can't I am better with just moving on and not speaking to them. I tried being friends with my ex and it didn't work very well. So I just decided to just keep moving. Some people can be friends with there exes while others don't want to get there strings attached. My ex and I were together for 5 years, I told him we should try being friends, tried that but it didn't go very well. So I just told him to move on the best way that he could. I see it as a waste of time when you can just move on peacefully.

What Guys Said 4

• I'm friends with my ex. Everything is smooth. I'm thankful for it too actually. My goal is not to make enemies.

• Yea, anyone can be friends, as long as you don't think with your privates.

• I have never been friends with an ex in my entire life it looks and sounds messy and complicated and unrewarding I don't see why anybody would want this

• I personally can't. We want to either kill or fuck each other, maybe both.

What Girls Said 2

• I think you could, but not as long as you don't get over him. You should take your distance if it hurts you. He will understand your point of you explain it.

It s all about communicating folks!

And yes, straight men and women can be friends if there is no sexual attraction. Maybe it's rare, but it definitely is possible.

• We have token out distance for like two months than he wanted me back. But once we're together for like 2 weeks he doesn't want me anymore he just wants to be friends...

• A man and a woman would have to be both homosexual in order to be friends.