Girlfriend dumped me, told me to move on. I moved on and am with a new woman now and now she's mad I didn't fight harder for her. WTF?

My last girlfriend broke up with me in November. She cut off contact with me and told. me she wanted me to move on because she didn't want me holding out hope for a future that couldn't happen. I moved on and met someone else. Now she's mad at me because I found someone else and didn't fight harder for her. She is now telling people I lied about how much I loved her if I can move on and not fight for her. The truth is, I loved her and I wanted nothing more than to stay with her. But she made it clear she didn't want me anymore. Moving on was best for me and her or so I thought. Had I fought for her I feel like I would have driven her away more and been creepy in the process. Is this a no win situation for me and would she have hated me no matter what I did?

Most Helpful Girl

• It sounds like she was trying to see if you would fight for her, which is ridiculous, you walked away with pride. Now she is mad that when she broke up with you that you took that seriously and moved on. She sounds crazy, needy and kind of mean. So sorry you didn't fight harder for "her majesty"! Who cares if she thinks that now, you know how you felt and you know that she made it clear that she didn't want you. Good for you for moving on and do not look back. If you did happen to go back, she would probably break up with you again within months.

Most Helpful Guy

• Not exactly the same situation but close here. My ex broke it off lat October. Stating I never cared about her and blah blah blah BS.. Wanted to stay friends. I chased her a bit for about 4-6 weeks, then started thinking I had my own reasons to end the relationship and some fairly good ones too. So I IMed her, told her I was okay with the break up and yes we could be friends. She got pissed.. Cussed me the next time we IMed, so I didn't IM her anymore. Went out of town on V-day weekend with my mom sister and brother in law, didn't IM didn't contact her. A bunch of our friends were making vague-book post about who were you with where did you go, not to me just vague post that seemed very deliberate to me. Then I noticed she started removing herself from groups, so I IMed her ask her if she was going to just delete herself out of my life, she said no, 3 days later blocked me. Ladies if you dont care enough about the relationship to work on it and fight for it, dont expect us too. If you dump someone, dont expect that they will just linger around waiting on you to come back, they very well may quickly move on. I am still not seeing anyone because I have not met anyone I have really connected with yet. I am sure she thinks I am though. The reasons I had to want out were a situation, that will at some point have to change.. But she was not willing to put the work in to make the situation viable for me.. Why she wanted out is beyond me to the day. Why she's so angry baffles me.. I didn't want to break up with her, tried to talk her into not breaking up. We had a good connection over all.. Now just shot to f***... I feel your pain man.. And your confusion...

Sponsored

What Girls Said 5

• ... Moving on was best for me and her or so I thought...
    No More thinking. You did the right thing. She had her Chance with More Romance and Blew it when she put her Size 8 in her Mouth and it ended up Going... South.
    She is just a Sore Sport because she is Now Merely being Territorial. She doesn't want you and Doesn't want anyone else to have you Neither and for Now, Her claws are extended.
    Case closed.. Ignore her.
    Good luck. xx

• She's being immature. I hate hearing about things like that, so her love and desire to be with you is conditional based on the amount of fight you put in AFTER she broke up with you? It literally makes no sense, but a ton of girls do it because they want you to show how much you cared by chasing even after they say no. She probably would have forgiven you eventually, but I personally think that it's good you got out of a relationship with someone like that.

• You did win though. You got away from a super immature girl who didn't heed the omnipresent warning, be careful what you wish for.

• Lolol...
    Women... are...
    Unpredictable XD

• She is waiting for you to go back to her I guess. And a little part of me feel like she is lonely without you (I might be wrong). But you can't always be at her mercy acting like her little lapdog. :/
    If you really had moved on, just tell her to move on like how she told you to. Tell her that she is the one who asked you to move on.
    P. S. in case you don't know why is she doing this, this is women logic, she probably wants you to be begging to go back to her side. Or, she regret breaking up with you.
    Hope this helps! :)

What Guys Said 11

• Tell her to move on, like she told you to do.

She dumped you, told you to take a hike and forget about her. So you did. Congrats! You did not waste time being depressed over a situation outside of your control. She was out to hurt you, and now she's upset because her attempt was unsuccessful and you are happy without her.

I would say that's a win situation for you.
    Where's the loss in that? Because she's angry at you? Who gives a shit by this point? She has indicated she does not want to be with you, so tell her to take a hike.

I've done the same in the past. An ex-gf dumped me. Those relationships lasted 2 and 6 years. I am not the type to chase after someone after being rejected. I basically stopped talking to them the very next day and made no attempt to contact them. I don't know if they were angry after I found someone else... mainly because I never maintained contact. But then, they never tried to contact me either, so it would seem all parties are content.

• I wish I could say I wasn't depressed. On the contrary, I was devastated. But when someone doesn't want me I know I can't do anything about it and force myself to move on, even if it's painful.

• I feel for you, bro!

• It's her fault entirely for playing games! Why should you fight for her and possibly make a fool of yourself? She would have dangled you on the end of a piece of string and played with you like a puppet. You are much better off without her! It sounds like she's got an overdose of sour grapes!

• Women logic. Classic.

• LOL 😂

Girls huh
    www.kappit.com/img/pics/201509_1240_hfchb_sm.jpg

In a serious note - Im guessing you completely misunderstood her. But maybe that's not your fault. Just do what's best for you right now, whether it's being with your new girl or previous girl.

• She dumped you to see how you'd react, testing you emotionally to see if you're 'a man.' Now that you proved to her that you don't need her she wants you back now. She dug her own grave by playing with you. Remove her from your radar and consciousness because she doesn't deserve your attention.

• She's clearly bonkers and a total manipulator. Forget this chick, she did you a huge favor by dumping you. Don't waste your time worrying about what could have been and what she thinks.

• dude fuck that bitch.

• She's just a dumb bitch who loves attention-whoring

She basically wants you to be a tool

• She wanted to look at a situation of a bad past, which you now turned into a maybe better one than her own.

• Its just a thing girls do to fuck w ur head! Dont think much of it.. You want what you can't have

• Is this a no win situation for me and would she have hated me no matter what I did?

Yes. She's immature, has unhealthy views about relationships, and you can't fix them for her. Playing her games would have made her worse, not better.