Do you think he'll regret letting me go?

So I dated this guy for 4 months and things didn't work out between us because he didn't want to commit to me~ I guess he had doubts about us because to him common interest defines a relationship. Even though our personalities were very similar he was so fixated on the fact that we lacked common interests in regards to science and politics. I think throughout the relationship I tried my best to make him happy and I really tried to love him for all his flaws. I was really good to him to the point that he told me im one of the kindest person he ever met. But maybe it's because he was previously hurt in his last relationship that he was scared to open up to me. He always felt somewhat distant and he didn't really try in the relationship. Even till the end, I tried my best because i told him I still like him so I want to be with him even if he doesn't want to commit to me. I mainly said that because he seemed confused.. One week after we stopped seeing each other he told me he was beginning to think that maybe letting me go was a mistake but after I wrote let's try again I got no response from him. im just wondering if he will ever realize what he lost?

22

Most Helpful Guy

• Sounds like he doesn't know wth he wants or he wants you but it has to happen on his time if you like the guy even though it seems like you have a strong chance of getting hurt in the end just play it cool less contact text, calls, etc. Let him contact you seems like your doing all you can already and just don't bring up the subject again play it kinda like just good friends for awhile and see what happens good luck to you :)

• thank for your comment. Your advice actually means a lot for someone that's trying to move on :)

Most Helpful Girl

• Even though he may Not be a Ready Nor Ready Eddy to 'Want to commit to me,' This doesn't mean that he doesn't have a Heart... When you both are Apart.
    He may thinking of the His and Her History you both shared, And deep down, even Now, Be Missing the Kissing. He probably as well, I can Tell, Be feeling Guilty for letting you down and perhaps could even be Saying to Himself, "She deserves better than me."
    Leave things alone now. Silence may not be golden, But he could come around one day in wanting to be Friends or even Friends with Benefits, And as Wise as an ol Owl that I believe that I am here, dear, I know you would never Fall for this bird's Loose Wing Fling Thing.
    He has Realized, I am sure, 'What he lost,' And may even also be Saying, "She is the kind of girl if I were to settle Down, Would be the Right one to have Around."
    His loss, Move on now. This zebra will not change his stripes any time too soon.
    Good luck. xx

• Oh, you are most welcome and I think you are your own Ready Betty to do so. xxoo

• Thank you for the Vote of Confidence. xxoo

Sponsored

What Guys Said 1

• You may have similar personalities, but your differences would've eventually torn you apart. You should both be glad he called it off before you got more attached.

• But I was willing to like the same interests that he liked. From a guys perspective is common interest more important or the compatibility of ones personality? I always thought when u date someone for awhile your interests eventually becomes one

• I wouldn't say it's more important, but it's equally important.

What Girls Said 1

• nah most guys don't