Why do women run back to their ex?

I've seen time and time again women find a good man, who they always say is perfect for them only to go back to their toxic ex. In my experience women who always talk about how bad their ex is always have something to hide. It's always her story, his story, and the truth. This is anyone interested in putting some insight on why some women run back to an ex that did them wrong so many times? Men do it as well, but it's not as often as women do it for some reason. Thoughts, statements, etc?

32

Most Helpful Girl

• Women might do it more often or just be more open about it because they, in comparison to men, let their emotions take control of the situation.

If a woman thinks that, for any reason, even just their ex sending a FB friend request or sending a text that's just checking in, they may think that the ex wants them back. Guys tend to be more reasonable, able to separate their emotions from reality and realize that an ex is an ex for a reason.
    (A bit of a generalization, I know, but that's the only gender difference I can think of for such a context.)

Most Helpful Guy

• i think it could be once your set in a certain way even if its a bad one , the new person your with might not be something your used to so you go back to what you know even if its a bad relationship. plus the fact ex's guy/girls have a way of manipulating to make them leave the new person there with.

its twisted but its normal from what have seen and read manipulative people alawys try to ruin a good relationship to prove that the one they broke up with can't be without them. it a stupid joke or pun if you ask me to be like that.

What Girls Said 2

• Because maybe they loved them

• We accept the love that we think we deserve. If someone does not feel that they are worthy of a healthy relationship, they won't be able to stay in one until they do. All humans do this. It's not a gendered thing.

What Guys Said 1

• Because they like being abused by their abusive boyfriend...
    Or somehow mistaken their abusive behavior for being dominant