Boyfriend lied to his friends saying that we had sex?

I'm a little shocked because my best friend was walking with my boyfriend's best friend, and they were talking about me and my boyfriend's relationship. His best friend apparently asked ,"didn't they already 'smash?'" and my best friend said,"No they didn't, what do you mean?" and he was like,"That's what he's telling all of us." (All of his friends)

Should i talk to him about it or just brush it off? Am I overreacting and being immature or is being mad understandable? and lastly how should i talk to him about it?

anything would help thanks :)

64

Most Helpful Guy

• My first thought on this... What else is he lying about. Someone that lies about that, essentially throwing you under the bus, is not going to be good for you. Tell him to stop lying, if he doesn't leave. Its always a bad sign if a guy starts a relationship lying.

Most Helpful Girl

• Okay I am going to be damn straight because guys that do this piss me off. That is complete bs. Why even question to talk about this with him? If it was me I would of got all crazy on him demanding respect. That is what you should do, demand respect. Because guys are guys and sometimes and in this kind of situations, they need a limit. My boyfriend has a straight limit to what to joke around with and what not to. I am very serious with this issues because it's my dignity on the spot. Why would you want a group of guys be talking about how you guys have sex?
    First of all, that is private. Second, it's non of their business. Third, you ain't their girlfriend. You're your boyfriend's girl.
    Even if you guys actually have sex one day, demand respect from him by not going around and telling. NO MATTER how close those friends are to him.

What Guys Said 3

• well guys will be guys when it comes ro looking like a stud in front of there friends there isn't much you can say and talking to him will just make it worse with how some guys will say even more when you try to be serious about something.

i would talk to him about it once and if it still happens i would walk away before it gets out of hand and everyone who likes you might like you for the wrong reason.

• i'd let them believe it, but me and him, we know the real truth. Guys always bluff... girls... sometimes. Don't worry about it... let the think what they want to... then hit em with the truth later.

• he's saying it just to try to be cool. Just tell him to stop saying so but dont tell his friends cause they will make fun of him most likely for lying.

What Girls Said 5

• "He said, She said," Here, dear, And with This... Get the scoop yourself.
    Sit him down and tell him what you Thought you had Heard and find Out.. From the source that is your SO.
    There is always Two Sides to every Story, No matter how Gory.
    Good luck and if He opened his Mouth, Tell him in the future "Never Kiss and Tell Tales. xx

• I would talk to him, and I'd be a little ticked off too. Honestly he's probably just trying to brag to his friends to sound cool.. But if you haven't you haven't. I'd just ask him straight up and be like "hey babe.. Have you been going around telling people we had sex? One of my friends asked about it because she said she heard we did." That's it

• definitely talk about it. Why would that be okay? He lied about you, and also about a private matter.

• You should talk to him about it.

• He's an immature asshole who wants to seem cool to his little friends. How would I talk to him? I would tell him to stop f***king lying and talking about our intimate relationship to other people. I would also make him tell all his friends he lied and if he wouldn't do it then I would. I'd probably break up with him as well though because I wouldn't feel comfortable with him anymore. I wouldn't trust him. I would think he'd always tell everyone about everything I say or do, especially if we were to actually have sex in the future.