How do you deal with an ex boyfriend purposely making you jealous?

i have the 'pleasure' of working with my douche of an ex boyfriend that i unfortunately walk past or pretend i don't notice on purpose. i was sitting in the lunch room when he came in and sat down beside another girl. a recent hire. she started elbowing or playing around; she has a boyfriend. so he is sitting beside her obviously flirting back, it couldn't have been more obvious that he did this intentionally. it's sad because I am secure enough in myself not to act like a child and have to show him that I already have a boyfriend.
I don't get this behaviour. I have been ignoring him but I wonder if there is anything else I can do? I've blocked him on all social media, and changed my phone. It sucks we work together but I don't go out of my way to show my boyfriend off, whom has a better job, and education by the way. I just have moved on quietly.
why do some people feel the need to 'show off' in front of their ex or try to stir up some reaction?

23

Most Helpful Guy

• Well, may be he is doing this to see how you react or he knows that he can get a reaction from you, he knows that you are not as secure as you show you are, I mean that can be totally wrong also, you know yourself better afterall.

However I don't understand why he is doing this now? I mean he is your ex now so if he is doing that then it could mean that he is still not over you and wants to test if you have any feelings for him or not ( by your reaction). Of course this is very stupid and an immature, childish behavior on his part.

Yes, you should continue to ignore him, never react, don't do anything. You are already doing good, prove it to him by your actions that you are strong and very secure, do it silently don't say anything, let your actions prove itself.

Most Helpful Girl

• If you're still paying attention to his behaviour and actually getting jealous, you aren't over him. Otherwise ignore it because who cares what he's doing.

What Guys Said 2

• Why does he do that? Because it makes him feel better if he gets a reaction from you. It makes him think he has/had the upper hand over you.

How do you deal with it? Continue to ignore him. Go about your business as if he doesn't exist. Pay attention to your other work friends and be happy your life no longer includes him. The fact you pay him no attention is the best medicine here. After all, why should you? You have a lot better relationship situation with your new BF! So when he walks by, say a quick 'hi' and 'bye', and keep on going w/o him.

• Why does it bother you? If you're truly over him just move on. If he does something like that just laugh it off together with your new guy while watching some Netflix.

What Girls Said 1

• Unfortunately I think the only thing you can do is ignore him in this situation. I think the reason he's 'showing off' is because he wants to make you jealous and he wants to see if you're still into him.