Will there ever be a light and will I ever fully recover?

I recently started no contact whatsoever with an ex fling a month ago. For three years I tried to get her to commit but she was always back and forth with me. When we were actually seeing each other she did not want to put a label on us and ended things after only seeing me for 2 months. I remained supportive as she was dealing with some health issues but two months after she ended things she went through my phone one night when we were hanging out and got upset that I was talking to other females. We continued some contact in the following months but I decided to cut off all contact when she told me now she had a boyfriend. I felt robbed and treated unfairly as I work so hard for her for 3 years and no commitment and to see her commit to somebody else was painful. It has been a month and I still think about her but I know it's the best course of action. When I told her we shouldn't talk anymore she sent me a long paragraph which I decided not to respond to but I blocked her instead. The weeks and months before that she had tried on numerous occasions to find out if I was seeing anybody new and suggested us hanging out again. But I decided that since she has a new relationship we should not talk anymore. I just question whether I will ever hear from her again or see her again and if she misses me or thinks of me. I still struggle everyday with the devastation of losing the girl that I love.

32

Most Helpful Girl

• Just forget about her... there is no point in waiting for her. She had a chance and she blew it. You are an individual with lots of love to give... spend your time and energy on someone worth fighting for. She was just a chapter of your life which lasted for 3 years and now its time to open a new chapter. And yes you will recover from this trust me on this. Just give yourself time to heal and light will once agai automatically shine upon you.

• I am trying my best. Well I wanted and needed was for her to give me a chance at a real relationship. I don't believe it was fair for her to be upset and count me out and dismiss me once finding out that I had flirted with a few other females when she had a lack of commitment for 3 years

• I can understand what you are going through but its past now and stop stressing on the possibilities because if it was meant to happen it would have happened. Now is your time to take everything under your control, learn from this bitter experience and don't ever invest your time and self on someone who doesn't want to at least give relationships a try.

Most Helpful Guy

What Girls Said 2

• Don't question or think of it. Your robbing yourself of a healthy happy relationship with someone who wants what you want. You were convenient and a comfort zone for get so she came and went as she please. Close the door lock it and move on to happiness. Spend time on you. You wasted 3 years with her. . . no more.

• Un block her, and see if she reaches out

What Guys Said 1

• Everyone will handle that in different way I will say man up bc at least you were talking only while she throw it in your face that she has boyfriend after 3 years! It was Fair if she talked to you about it and trying to fix things or at least dumped you and then she got her boyfriend. Move on its better