I am a mistake , would that hurt you :( ?

My ex of 2 years ended our relationship , the most painful thing he said was our relationship was a mistake - I was a mistake :(

How do i move on from this?

1110

Most Helpful Guy

• Well that's a rude thing to say. I say except the fact that apparently he wants nothing more of you ad in turn you should have nothing more to do with him. He clearly disliked the relationship and played with your feelings at the end there. I say grant him his wish and let him lose out on you because in no way are you losing when someone who is willing to be so cold and treat you rudely like that leaves. If anything it's your gain because rather his true colors come out now than later when you have even more commitment in him and if he's going to act like that then good for you you got to see his real feelings in the matter and you can now move forward with your life and find someone who does want you with all of their heart.

Most Helpful Girl

• I'm so sorry that this jerk was so insensitive and worded things in such a way. If any mistakes were made - it was that you trusted him with your heart. Try and take the time to heal, know yourself and remember that if it's the right guy, or even a DECENT guy, it was never a mistake... everything makes us into the person we are supposed to be. All the best. You deserve better and you will get it.

• thank you!!

• Just surround yourself with friends and positivity. You will come out of this a better, stronger person - I promise. I've been there and it sucks so much - but you need to let those emotions be, feel them, and learn. Take care - this is the closing of one door and the opening of another.

• Thank you for the MHG comment. I hope it all works out for you - this guy has done you a favour in a weird way. Learn from it and grow x

What Guys Said 9

• that can mean various things, so I don't know how to interpret to answer your question.

Dating and relationships reveal how human and flawed we are. So, take the opportunity to pause and figure out things about yourself and him. What do you need, what did you learn, is there anything about how you were with him that could be improved, do you have emotional wounds, does he? Learn and then try again.

* Dating you was a mistake? - ok fine. Seriously, I'd talk to a counselor about it... what does he mean, what is his perception. He has a right to that, although not a nice way to say it.
    * You are a mistake - a direct insult. He's hurt and just lashing out.

• words are cheap- seems he is striking out irrationally

• Ahhh that's very harsh of him... Why would he say that?
    Was he happy during the relationship?

• He seemed to be, but now i am questioning that :(

• Ohhh sometimes it happens that you end up with wrong people and then when they realise that they breakup...

• Anyways how are you holding up?

• You toss that thought he said out of your head.. there are many guys that would never say that to a woman, and I am one of them.. we are not all painted with the same brush that that loser that said that to you are

• well clearly it was a mistake.

• i was a mistake to, my parents did not intended for me to be born but i did.

• dont worry as they say, time heals almost everything. so just give yourself some time

• He didn't say "you" were a mistake. He said the "relationship" was a mistake.

• I think he just means you two should never have got together but it still sounds mean

What Girls Said 10

• You know that maybe you weren't perfect for him, but know you most likely weren't the problem if you were together for that long. Know that you will get past this, but don't always think about what could've happened if something changed, it ended for the best, you learned from this and you know now what qualities not to look for in a future partner, and hopefully you'll be even happier.

• 2 years isn't a mistake. he's a jackass who couldn't live alone so he thought being with you would be better than being alone.
    Just remember - remind yourself - he never loved you anways - just used you. Why would you love someone like that? Do yourself a favor and find a guy who loves you.

• People say all kinds of hurtful things when they break up with someone. Try not to dwell on it too much and realize that the relationship just wasn't the right one for either of you.

• It takes time to move on but you should also remember that if this is what he viewed your relationship as, then he's no longer worth any of your time. When the time is right you'll meet someone who would never say anything like this to you.

• Really he spent two years with you, and it was all a mistake? I doubt it, it seems to me he's probably just trying to hurt you. Don't let it,

• U can't do anything! He isn't so high oh so powerfully that he never done anything to hurt you!

• It depends on why he said it. I personally don't believe any relationship is a mistake. I think you're supposed to learn something from any and every relationship you're in.

You being hurt by what he says has everything to do with you. You have to do things to make you forget about him and his comment unfortunately. It wasn't a mistake, but anyone who thinks being with you is a mistake can kick rocks with no shoes on. I'm pretty sure he may have said that just to hurt your feelings.

• He could just be saying that to hurt you but I'm certain he still loves you. I had an ex tell me through text he didn't love me and didn't want me but he came Back later to say he did love me but just couldn't be with me.

• I'm sorry he said that to you. I try and think about similar things this way: If a guy is not compassionate and sweet to me, why should I be sad about him? I know that I'm a really sweet and caring girl with a pure heart, and if he doesn't see that, and treat me like I am, it's his problem.

• You just do, there's no closures sometimes. I'm sorry, but no relationship is a mistake he's wrong and he'll eventually see, I wish well.