My ex wants to hang out, good or bad idea?

Long story short we dated for eight months, had a horrible argument to the point he wanted a break and a week later broke up with me. He said he wasn't ready for a real relationship after so many bad experiences and had nothing bad to say about me. He actually cried and I was calm the whole time. I suggested trying to be friends again and regardless if we stop talking afterwards I'd still always be there for him. We ended up talking like normal and walked around together for a little after. He kept initiating contact after that and we talk a little but about nothing important. I try to keep my distance and basically hide my feelings least it scares him. It hasn't even been a week and he invited me to watch wrestling with him. He had other plans originally but changed them because of work. Should I politely decline or should I spend time with him? I know I can control myself but I'm very inexperienced with relationships.

11

What Guys Said 1

• Maybe you should do what your heart and mind wants you to.

What Girls Said 1

• If you're not over him then it's a bad idea