My girlfriend broke up with me and now I'm confused?

so my girlfriend broke up with me saying that she wasn't happy and that she thinks we are just meant to be friends. She also stated that she does have feelings for me and that she needs time away from me. We can message each other and not blow each other's phone up but we can't hang out. Said that as friends, we enjoyed each other company more and since we broke up, things haven't been the same. She requested time away from me and that's what I'm giving her. But what confuses is the fact that she can't answer my question. I asked her if there was any chance that we could be together down the road and if we can start being in a relationship again. She keeps telling me to stop pressuring her and she's not ready to answer that question. Why does give me that answer if she thinks we just meant to be friends? i just want a yes or no question and she's not giving it to me. Is she playing games or something? i really love this girl but I find no reason to hope for something if she's not looking to be with me. Any inputs would be appreciated. Thank you.

63

Most Helpful Girl

• It sounds like she could be just as confused as you are when she can't answer your question. Unless she's telling you that she just wants to stay friends with you for good, especially when things between you two have been so much better since you broke up. Normally the problem is that people sometimes rush into relationships through fear of being alone for the rest of their lives or they really aren't sure what they want from the beginning. The later on they decide, that they aren't ready for anything heavy. Or some of them develop feelings for other people. Its kind of sad really. Please don't jump to conclusions, these are only examples taken from what I've heard about other peoples relationships. If she's not going to give you a straight forward yes or no answer. Then just leave it, don't keep asking her because its getting you no where. She'll come back to you when she's ready to give you an answer. If she doesn't ever bring it up again, then you know she's got no intentions of getting back with you. For the time being, just be her friend.

Most Helpful Guy

What Girls Said 5

• The exact same thing has happened to me. My boyfriend broke up with me around a month ago, 3 days after our one year anniversary. He told me I was still his best friend and he still wanted to talk frequently, but it was only last weekend that we actually hung out for the first time as friends. Every time I ask him if there is hope for us in the future he says "I don't know. I don't even know if I'm going to be in my future" and the entire question typically starts a fight that brings us nowhere. I've come to the conclusion that he feels like he doesn't know what he wants in life right now, and a relationship was getting in the way of him acheiving any goals he may start setting for himself. I know he wants to go back to college and finish up what he started years before he met me (he dropped out at 20), but other than that, I don't think he has a future for himself planned out and therefore, i'm not part of the nonexistent plan.

It sounds like your girl might have come to the realization that she doesn't want a relationship right now either (hence her saying she still had feelings for you, my ex said the same) or she's having second thoughts about where her life is heading.

Be patient, if she doesn't seem to want to give you and answer, move on. That's what I'm trying to do.

• She is trying to keep her options open. Some indecisive women always like to keep past doors open just in case they change their mind later.

• She needs more time and you should give her that if you really love her.

• Leave her alone and give her the space she's asking for. The more you push her, the more she's going to get away from you.

• Frankly speaking. Give her space.

I guess, she really likes you, but doesn't know if it is still enough for a relationship or if it is rather friendship.

Don't contact her. If she text you, don't answer immediatly. Yes it sounds dangerous. Yes, you might not get her back. But if you hover around her, you will not get her back either.

She must realize, if she misses you or not.

So stop making her a priority. Even if it is hard. And I know, it is hard.

But you can stay, and she might end up just using you, when she needs a relationship-kind of thing. You can end up as her back-up plan.

Or you let her be. And she might realize how important you are.

• This isn't the first time I had to give her space and she always ends up missing only to leave again...

What Guys Said 2

• I know this hurts and really sucks, but you need to respect what she has said so far. Your relationship with her is over. Do not expect, plan or wait for it to return. You are pressuring her. You are asking the wrong questions. You need to ask her straight up why she lost interest in you. Learn from what she said and apply that to your next relationship with someone else.

• She found another dude.