What if your boyfriend breaks up with you because he needs to be alone to see what life is like without you& if he will miss you when your not there?

boyfriend of two years broke up with me a few days ago because he needs time to figure out what he wants as we are so young and have so much ahead of us. I asked him to be completely honest and to not sugar coat anything and he said it has nothing to do with me and he truly believes he won't be able to find anyone who will love him and do the things that I did for him. But he needs to find this out on his own. It really was a heat of the moment thing and judging from every other relationship that's broken up majority of the time the boys end up missing the girl after a few months of going out and being single. So my question is am I right to think that such a rash decision will eventually end in him wanting me back? And will such an impulsive decision come back to haunt him? I can't understand how you can talk to each other for two years every day without fail and then all of a sudden not see or hear from them. I'm going to go with the no contact approach because he would never expect me to be able to do that given my track record of always caving first. I mean surely going out with your friends and seeing them during the week will get boring soon enough and you'll miss that female affection. I did clarify before our last convo if he still loved me and he said of course he did he still was completely in love with me he just needs to think about what is best for him at the moment

14

Most Helpful Guy

• Nope it's over permanently and you won't remain friends. If he suggested you be friends he's blatantly lying to you as he is about the reason he broke up. His feelings have changed and he wants to fuck others. I at least respect him for breaking up first before cheating

Most Helpful Girl

• there's no pleasent way to end things with someone so you say fluffy bs like "i need to be alone"

What Guys Said 3

• He's definitely NOT thinking rationally. Before he met you, he didn't have you. He "knows" already what it's like w/of you. I'd tell him if he wants to go, fine, but don't come back. What he mentioned sounds like a lame and dumb excuse!

I realize you've been with him for a while, but this situation he wants to be in just doesn't sound right to me. Truthfully, I'd be looking at this like it's a breakup, not him going off for some "test" or "experiment".

• It sounds like he wants an excuse to sleep with someone else without the guilt of actually cheating.

• It can be painful but people need to be themselves and do what they want to do.

What Girls Said 0

The only opinion from girls was selected the Most Helpful Opinion, but you can still contribute by sharing an opinion!