Can I ask ex to dinner or drinks? I feel like there is a 2nd chance but some say no but in my heart yes?

So we broke up a month ago yesterday. been good days and bad days. He wa stressed/depressed from not being able to get a job and his life in order. He closed himself out from me and our friends and sat inside all day apologizing for being lame and sucking. This lasted like a month and i never left him. He then told me he felt like we were not connecting ( HIs fault i think) tell me if im wrong and that he didn't feel what he thought he should. I didn't understand because things were great before hand connected on all levels even he said so as well as likes etc. Anyway I tried nc rule. He contacted me first week after seeing if i was ok, Same thing with next week and talked about what we were doing that day etc. Just plain random talk. I had sex with him the one time and slept over which booty call theory i thought u didn't. The next week he contacted me again more than once. again just talking random stuff. I initiated a few times in between and its been the same. it continued and flash forward to this weekend. He contacted me Friday night just talkign and joking around. he said i was probably getting it from anyone by now so i went along with it and said yes. The joke went along for a bit until i said i was joking. he never asked me to have sex or anything it was more or finding info it seemed. he said " what you do is non of my business lol" which lol i thought weird. The next he texted asking if i wanted to hang i agreed so i went over. It was playful him tickling me and us play fighting joking and talking. He kissed me and we wound up having sex although its that time of month he was iffy about it but we did. I slept over again and left when he got up for work. Im not sure whats going on. In my heart as cliche as it is i feel like we are not completly over and have a 2nd chance. Could I ask him maybe to grab some food or drinks one time? and next time i see him im goign to tell him how i still feel for him and go from there. IS there any hope for us?

He is not that type of guy to use people etc. One time he was dating a girl and they stopped seeing each other because he was too nice, so I feel like he's not using mefor sex, but next time i see him i am going to tell him how i feel about him and how i feel when we do if there ever is anything between us again

Most Helpful Guy

• Personally i am a once bitten twice shy kind of guy. I dont give second chances. Your best bet is to move on.

• I am the opposite if i truly believe it. if I believe there could be a 2nd chance I am usually up for trying but if i feel like its a lost cause I won't.

• and that's your choice.. no matter what you decide, i wish you the best of luck

Most Helpful Girl

• It does not necessarily mean that you two will get back together or that he wants to. In a lot of breakups these things happen, they aren't always clean breaks. A lot of people end up having sex one or two more times after. It is hard to cut people out of our lives so in a way we "ween" ourselves off of them instead. It does not necessarily seem like he wants to get back together or else he might have already mentioned it. I think he is totally winning right now, he is still having sex with you now but without the commitment. I am sure he is loving this right now! But, if you want more to happen you could talk to him and if he doesn't then you really need to cut off all contact and cut him off completely or else you will never get over him and move on.

• Thanks! Ithink I will talk to him about things maybe the next time I see him because texting is so impersonal I think. He was never that type of guy and everyone always had great things to say about him so this is something out of the ordinary that I would never have imagined him doing. He is the type of guy being rejected bc he's too nice and everyone thought we were a great match. Oh well I will tell him that I obviously still have feelings for him and sleeping with him still makes it hard if you haven't guessed. That I want him back but if you can't devote anything to me then I have to take a step back because I am hurting and dont want to be used like this if indeed he's using me. Its so confusing ugh!!

• That is perfect!

• ok great!!! It sucks because i my heart I feel like there could be a second chance. I just need to explain to him how I feel and when he texts me a lot during the week its also confusing. I don't know if I could ever really stay friends with an ex especially one that I felt the world with and someone who I thought I would grow with

What Guys Said 0

What Girls Said 3

• Honestly I think if he wanted to get back together he would have proposed it before sleeping with you twice. I think the best thing you can do is tell him not to contact you and to reenter a new No Contact phase. Most importantly stop sleeping with your ex. This is a recipe to get hurt very badly. From there you can focus on moving on.

• you just booty now

• I would just try your best to move on. I think you would only hurt yourself more

• I think i am already past that point of hurting myself more. I guess the best thing I can do is just tell him how I feel and what i want. If it doesn't turn out what i want then so be it. I tried. Thanks!