Guys would you break up with your girlfriend if she wanted to have children now?

• I want children from her
    19%(4)31%(21)Vote37%(17)
  • I don't want children but I better knock her up than let her have artificial insemination
    0%(0)1%(1)Vote2%(1)
  • I don't want children and I will dump her if she gets artificial insemination
    19%(4)37%(25)Vote46%(21)
  • results
    62%(13)31%(20)Vote15%(7)
Select a gender to cast your vote:

Most Helpful Guy

• the point of a relationship is to have kids. don't tell me it is not, there are no benefits for men if you are not having any kids

• so... you can't just enjoy being in a relationship? Admittedly biologically that's the end goal, but our society has grown beyond what we would do biologically/instinctively.

• The point of a relationship is whatever you want from the relationship.

• It's not. And you're stupid for thinking so.

What Guys Said 18

• Your options to choose from are abysmal.
    I would explain that I also want children, but that to do so without being prepared is irresponsible, and that we can wait 6 months to 2 years until our situation is such that kids are a responsibility we are ready to happily take on.

• Thank you for pointing this out. None of the options hold any truth for me

• Hypothetically speaking, I'd have to go with C.

In most cases I would not expect any relationships to actually ever last really long term for people that do not want children unless they found a partner they can emotionally connect well, communicate well and compromise well with and also is absolutely certain that they also would be never want children or at least open enough and consider to never have children.

• no. marriage first (strange coming from a guy)

• No ultimatums. I absolutely want kids, but only when I'm ready. Having kids will the biggest responsibility of my life, something I must be ready for before I have kids. If she is adamant she wants kids right now, then yes I will ahve no choice but to break up.

• considering my boyfriends sister was arrested for owning and using Cocain and now my boyfriend has complete custody of her 2 7 month old's shit this relationship i s just a fuckin roller coaster of randomness xD whelp at least they have matching names Stacy and Kacy

• I'd only get married when I'm mature and responsible so if my wife were to ask for children I'd be down.
    That's one of the reasons why I'd get married in the first.

• Right now, that'd be too soon :/
    I wouldn't be ready

• Obviously.
    I dont have a girlfriend, but if I did, if she did something like that without my consent, I'd dump her ass so hard she would fly to mars and back...

• if she told you she wants to get an artificial insemination

• you would like her to abort?

• Not my call. Its in her belly. As I said, I dont know what my emotions would be at the moment...
      If I loved her, I'd probably go with her to get a room decked out for the kid...
      Look, it all depends, for these situations you need to find yourself in to see your reactions...

• I definitely want to be a father in the future, so if I was a little older than I am now, I'll be open to the idea if I knew she was the right woman.

• Before getting married? Is pushy about it? If so, yeah she should probably be left behind.

• what about after getting married?

• If a she's worth marrying, then eventually kids are going to come up as a hot topic... I don't think a woman should ever be pushy about it, but everyone understands that eventually they'll talk about when they want to have kids, how many they want to have, what they should be called, start planning for the future, etc. There's nothing wrong with talking about it and figuring out if you want to have kids right away, or have a few years of together time before you decide to start having kids...

• I think you should talk about how many kids you want before marriage to make sure you're on the same page, but it shouldn't be a thing you're going to actually do until you're actually prepared to be good parents for them. Before marriage it's a dream. After marriage it starts to form into a plan.

• I would have a serious talk about it because I don't think children are a planned thing. They come when you cum :P
    Luckily, new parents have 9 months to prepare.

• lol they come when you come haha

• younger men do not know the love and value of a woman who knows what she wants, and is willing to share with her...

• We would talk. We may go different ways then depending.

• It would definitely warrant a talk

• I don't have a girlfriend. At age 18 I'm not thinking about kids

• Now is too soon if I were to think that

• No, I would let her break up with me, or stop her from raping me.

• I want children from her, but right now i'm 18 and i would never have children before marriage. I'm not ready for marriage right now, i'll probably wait for 5 more years.

What Girls Said 1

• My boyfriend would if I wanted them now. We both want them in the future but not now