When a guy says he "still needs space", does it mean that he still hasn't moved on yet ❣?

I remember him telling me he has a hard time moving on from anything after our first break up.

We mutually finally talked about it and decided to end it because "He doesn't think he can handle an LDR". And he ghosted me because he needed time to sort things out and "Loving someone you never met and probably never will is not healthy " ( I agree with him).

I asked him if he wanted me to give him space and he replied that he still needs space but still wants us to be friends.

• He never loved you and moved on.
    25%(5)28%(15)Vote30%(10)
  • He loved you but he moved on.
    40%(8)32%(17)Vote27%(9)
  • He loved you but still hasn't moved on.
    35%(7)40%(21)Vote43%(14)
Select a gender to cast your vote:

Most Helpful Guy

Most Helpful Girl

• He's confused, Elissa. Loving someone you never met sounds incredibly difficult and emotionally draining. He is probably questioning what the point of it is. He has feelings for something that likely isn't gonna work. That sounds like it becomes a distraction and a pain. Question is, what exactly do you want to get out of this relationship? Do you want it to go somewhere? Do you just want the temporary companionship/experience?

I can't answer your poll, because Idunno what love is. He certainly has feelings for you and hasn't moved on but wants to without giving you up entirely. Can you handle that?

What Guys Said 17

• Yeah, he's still got feelings and he doesn't want you too close to where they flare up again. When he comes back to you as a friend he'll have moved on.

• This is exactly what's going on, and you will have to be comfortable with the fact that he may never return, as you are not easily forgotten. @ElissaDido

• It depends on a few things. Like it depends who sort of had the 'upper hand'. Who more so broke it off. Things like that

But overall on the surface it seems like 'i need more space but still wanna be friends' - could mean many different things. It's been quite some time by now. Makes you think, How much space can a person want or need given that you are already worlds apart

• Well in that case I believe, he is divided into the thing
    to move on or try to fix up the broken things with you,
    that's why he needs more time to get the right decision.
    He is taking care of you, everybody takes care for a relationships longer then year I guess. He have somethign to you, but unsure what is it.

• I voted C. He just doesn't want to loose you. Things may have worked out if you lived in the same city.

• You won't ever forget him and he is the same , he loves you but he knows it won't work and yes its not healthy love never brings grief.

• He have moved on

• Do you want him to have moved on?
    What do you want?
    I think he probably still has feelings but just doesn't want to be involved with you anymore for whatever reason. I think you should try and move on. Especially if it is an LDR

• NEXT!
    by the way, LDR's don't work. Foggedaboudit.

• B and C both sound promising.

• What I'd like to know is, how did a Tunisian person learn English so well?

• I hope he never breaks your heart again, I believe no girl deserves a pain.

• Clearly doesn't want you in his life, I mean no offence... but "needing space" is kind of a end game

• He got feelings for you but doesn't wanna be with and he wants to date someone else

• Grow up child. Its reaching the point of stupidity.

• Not to be a dick but if you want me to be honest, the guy has already moved on and chances are he doesn't want to be friends. He's telling you he needs space as a way of letting you know that you should cease contact.

I'm guessing it wasn't a horrible break up, just people going their own ways due to long distance and that's the only reason he's not being more blunt, he doesn't want to hurt you but it's been over a long time before that.

I have a question for you if you don't mind answering, you guys had different religions, right? So where did you see it going seeing how you can't marry a non-Muslim guy?

• "still need space"

He can't stand not having a girl to fuck physically. He was probably expecting you to eventual bring up the offer to fly over to where he lives and fuck you but since you weren't indicating you were down to fuck he got frustrated. So now he using that line so he can break things off without looking like a bad guy (keeping pussy on the table) so he can slip back into your life later after he's done sticking his dick in other girls.

• Also didn't some 41 yr old female gager keep saying that if your relationship can't survive a LDR it was doom from the beginning?

1 private opinion(s)
Only the asker and the opinion owner can see it. Learn more

What Girls Said 5

• I don't know about love but he obviously cared about you. It just sounds like he really wasn't ready for a relationship yet.

• I voted A since it seems like he gave up trying to be with you too easily. Anyone who can't handle a LDR will never truly love that person. If they did they would do what ever it took to be with them physically and could handle the wait. Someone you truly love is worth doing what ever it takes to be with them in the end. No matter what crazy things you have to do to get there.

• awww! My sweet girl! Its time to let go! Pretend he passed away and you can never talk to him again!

• It means he needs alone time to gather his thoughts

• It means he wants nothing to do with you.