How long should you go no contact?

My boyfriend and I broke up a week ago. He was the initiator (not ready for a real relationship) but I managed to turn it into not a bad experience as far as breakups go and killed him with kindness. We talked afterwards like we used to and he keeps messaging me to see how I'm doing and tried to hang out once (I already had plans). I only initiated contact once because he was acting depressed and I got worried. I stopped replying two days ago and he checked up on me today and I ignored it. How long should I ignore him? We're on good terms but I feel like it might be the best thing at this point. One of the problems with our relationship was that we spent too much time together and not enough apart. I want to be able to maintain a friendship with him if possible. Thanks for the advice either way

Sponsored

What Guys Said 1

• At least 3 weeks.

What Girls Said 2

• I've heard once that 3 weeks of absolutely NC is the minimum. Otherwise it goes until you're comfortable and won't be emotional if and when you do re establish contact with that person. Sometimes it takes longer. Looks like you're pretty much over it but he may not be so you might want to give him some time to heal perhaps...

• Keep ignoring until you're not pretending to not care anymore