Do you ever really get over your first love?

I loved him and it's been a month since he left. I sobbed for a week when it happened and I was depressed. A month later I still find myself caring about him and certain songs, foods, etc remind me of him. I can't look at other guys without comparing them to him and I don't wanna date anyone else. We never even dated, we were just friends and I fell in love with him and never told him but I think he knew because when we said goodbye I cried and told him I'd miss him. I'd do anything to hug him again. I still tear up thinking about him. He doesn't really talk to me now. I think because he was creeped out that I liked him. Will I ever really get over him? How long does it take? I never want to fall in love again because I never want to go through this a second time.

53

Most Helpful Guy

• No not really. You move on but you never forget them and those intense feelings they gave you

Most Helpful Girl

• I don't think you ever truly get over them. You move on and you fall in deeper love with someone else, but you'll always have a place in your heart for your first love.

What Guys Said 2

• Depends on the person, Some are more emotional and ''Attachy'' then others.

• Women, never. Men do.
    But it doesn't mean we shouldn't remember the good times.

What Girls Said 4

• I promise you that you can get over your first love. I went through that same thing last year. It took at least a few months for me to start doing okay again. It's not going to happen overnight. Healing is a process. It's natural that things will still remind you of him. I'm in a happy relationship and there are STILL things that remind me of my ex but the difference is that I now can look back with a smile and see it as a positive thing. It might seem like you'll never fall for another person again but I promise you, you will. When that happens will depend on how quickly you cut ties with him and how quickly you can accept it's truly over now. I can honestly say I'd go through heartbreak again if it meant that I get my boyfriend I have now as he's better for me than my first love/ex ever was.

• Feel the same way except i never met him in person.

• Yeah, soon you'll stop giving fucks, you just wait.

• Eh not really