Do you think Call of Duty tends to ruin relationships?

Majority of the time, hearing people talking about their guy playing a video game. It always seems to be either Call of Duty that they're addicted too or some other Xbox game. So it's never the types of games I've ever cared about and find it some what funny. XD

http://www.1up.com/news/call-duty-videogame-relationship-problems

• Yes
    27%(10)30%(33)Vote31%(23)
  • No
    73%(27)70%(78)Vote69%(51)
Select a gender to cast your vote:

Most Helpful Guy

Most Helpful Girl

• When the relationship is healthy, something as trivial as a video game should not have the potential to ruin the relationship between the individuals.

What Guys Said 47

• It could, it just depends on his degree of addiction and your level of tolerance.

The guy who used to be my best friend was a huge COD fan, so much that it pissed me off at times, like for example the time when I called him, talked to him for like 30 seconds then he asked me to wait, so I did. 10 minutes later he wasn't still back so I kind of yelled WOOHOO at the phone then his dad got the phone and told me that he was playing COD on his XBOX, it was so disrespectful and selfish, I got pissed and I didn't talk to him for like 2 weeks.

If this thing can happen even between best friends, it would definitely happen in relationships, and could potentially destroy a relationship.

• I actually think mmorpgs ruin relationships more. I mean you can finish a COD game in a few minutes, so you have a stop point. In something like WoW you are comitted for 4 hours.

That being said, any videogame (and any hobby actually) can ruin a relationship if you become obsessed by it.

• i think call of duty is a waste of time that could be spent playing a single player game that does not have douche bags playing it 24/7. none online games are way better in my opinion but of course i have never had a girl complain about to much skyrim or anything because your not interacting online and can quit when you want.

you can't be like that in games that require constant communications so you can help your team out.

• In my experience only 12 year old squeakers and man-children can ever get obsessed enough with a game to the point where they would actually let it ruin a relationship. I love gaming as you might be able to tell by my profile picture, but obsessed? No, I know when to stop and make time for friends, I'm not stupid. So really, it's not CoD (or any other game) that's ruining people's relationships, it's the people themselves. CoD obsession is a symptom of a broken person in my opinion, not a cause.

P. S. Of all the games to be obsessed with - CoD? Really? ... just had to get that off my chest :D

• I really think it could, because they're playing Call of Duty and not Halo. But, people have died because they didn't want to stop playing video games. So, it destroying a relationship seems entirely plausible.

• It can if the guy spends every waking moment playing video games and not spending time with his woman. I had a problem like that where I was using all my time playing video games and not spending time with the kids or the misses. I almost lost her because of it. I backed the hell off of the Xbox and changed my views on things

• A girl just won't stand by u the way COD does

• Lol no I mean if a guy can't balance playing a video game and a relationship then chances are it's just that games in general are more important to him not just call of duty.

• It's actually not the call of duty, but the food that caused the call of duty. Nothing worse than being in the middle of love making only to have call of duty come knocking at your door from all that spicy Mexican food from last night.
    https://cdn.meme.am/instances/500x/18832146.jpg
    img.memecdn.com/...e-blame-taco-bell_o_3822969.jpg

• I think people with the inclination to play CoD, a massively inferior shooting game, are doomed to fail to begin with.

• This is a very interesting question xD :D
    No, I'm a Call of Duty player myself but Call of Duty prevents teen pregnancy (:
    It's a lot of fun for us guys.
    But it tends to be the people in the relationship, that cannot make it work out, Call of Duty is only a factor, not the very reason (as strange as it sounds).

https://cdn.meme.am/instances/500x/55363524.jpg

http://images-cdn.9gag.com/photo/5826874_700b.jpg

I consider myself rational yet never had a girlfriend :D

• No it's not the game. It's how he prioritizes gaming in a relationship. If he puts gaming above his girl, it ruins the relationship.

• Call of Duty ruined gaming, you mean. Everything needs a goddamn XP and unlock system now or people get bored.

• CoD players are already ruined xD

• Not Call of Duty or any other game. If a guy knows how to organize his priorities when in a relationship no game will no game will ruin them.

• Could it, probably yea, but I would guess that most people would be able to address it as an issue before they need to break up.

There was a study recently, Im on a plane otherwise I would link it, that found that playing video games actually helps men and boys to relieve stress and any pent up, negative emotions. So the saying hat VGs make people violent is, at least according to this study, false and 180° off from the truth.

So again, I would submit that VGs don't necessarily hurt relationships because people do need to spend time apart but I can see how it might be an issue for some couples.

• No way. I know plenty of people that play and don't let it impact their life or relationships. If it's not COD it probably be some other distraction like working on cars or something.

• Nah because there would just be something else: if not CoD, some other videogame, and if not a videogame then it would be another favourite pass time.

Point is, guys want their space so just give it to them.

• I haven't been interested in the latest cods

• I thought i was the only one... the new ones suck. Ghosts was the last good one.

• @Tdieseler
      I guess that makes sense.
      Also those racing setups are pretty expensive if you get a good one.

• yup... i think the lowest i heard of was like 250... fuck no. im already irritated by the fact that a controller is 60. its not that serious. if i were getting paid for using it, like that bitch SlapTrain... maybe. but i game as a pastime and im still a damn good driver.

• As much as I like video games I wouldn't let it ruin my relationship. I wouldn't want to lose it over a video game. There are better reasons to break up with someone.

• That's what you get for sending your boyfriend to call of duty war they act like this cause they get call of duty post traumatic stress disorder

• Lol nah.. a guy should be able to balance video games and a relationship.

• Well, I don't know what to tell you.

Because one, I don't play Call of Duty and find it boring. And two, I never had a girlfriend in my entire life.

So there.

• Thats why people should just stick to playing pokemon. I think both can enjoy it together,, and its fun too lol

• They're like the lowest common denominator of games, though. The people that have Call of Duty affect their life in some way are usually shitbags. That includes the girlfriends.

• No, its generally MMOs that do that

• Call of Duty ruins everything. It's in the nature of the game franchise.

• I'd mention anime fighters, but guys who play those usually wouldn't have a girlfriend in the first place.

• Call of Duty is basic shit. I prefer older games myself. If I was gonna play a shooter it'd be Doom (old or new- the reboot is actually pretty fun) or Wolfenstein or something. COD is garbage.

• More from Guys
    17

What Girls Said 15

• No, I don't think video games ruin a relationship, gamers who don't know how to balance games and the other aspects of their lives are what ruin relationships lol. Simply playing video games an hour or two a day is not that big of a deal, but if you continue to play when the people around you would rather do something else or if you're isolating yourself to play said games, then you have a problem.

• I don't think video games are at fault, just people who have no idea how to have balance and manage being in a relationship. They take for granted the other things and people in their lives who are supposed to be important to them.

Basically, they need to get their priorities straight. And if your girlfriend/boyfriend is always looked past in favor of gaming, and there's no time made for them, they're right to leave you.

• Only if his chick is better at it than him... in which case my husband just refuses to recognize my skill and we continue on happily 😆

• video game addiction is a real issue and this is coming from someone who loves video games! If you partner is ignoring you to play, calling in sick, skipping classes etc. you should probably leave them because they will start dragging you down too. You can let them lose their job and fail out of school but addictions are serious issues so try to get them help and if that doesn't wor don't let them ruin your life too.

• I believe video games in general can ruin relationships if you do not balance them with everything else in your life. if your SO likes them but they do not put you first then their priorities are selfish and their either have to be asked to change or you walk away. Games or girls.

(I do like video games. I have a Wii, XBox 360 & XBox One. My favourite games is GTA V, I have a really mean looking muscle car and I rarely miss)

• No. I think trying to force a relationship when you don't have compatible interests tends to ruin relationships.
    My boyfriend and I game a lot. Sometimes togethrr

• *Sometimes together, sometimes separately. Games don't ruin our relationship, because we're both interested in them.
      One could say the same thing for any other hobby. If one person really enjoys it, and the other hates it, that conflict of interests is going to cause problems, not the hobby itself.

• In a past relationship it was League of Legends that was a contributing factor- he also just wasn't an excellent human

• It's not just Call of Duty, it's gaming in general. People tend to get addicted to it, and it can cause problems. For my older brother, it was Diablo II. It was all he did when he wasn't working. He finally quit when he met his wife, and he hasn't touched it since.

• That sounds like the mission of future wives is to break the future husbands hobby XD What a relationship.

OK but seriously, Diablo 2 wasn't worth it - but that's my opinion ^^

• @Unit1 Well, he had the full expansion pack, and had a thing for the Easter eggs, so it was worth it for him. He never played the same way twice.

• The video game didn't do anything wrong, it's the man that can't pay attention to his woman or the woman who can't be bothered to let her man have some dude time.

• Hahah no... I wouldn't be interested in someone who plays video games that much in the first place. It's a waste of life

• Hell no. I actually got into playing games because of a ex boyfriend. I like playing cod with my boyfriend, I'm not nearly as good as him but i still win sometimes but only on one game. It's fun you should get into it.

• I love gaming myself, but if my boyfriend wouldn't make time for me because of playing i'd definitely dump him. I give respect and I ask for the same thing.

• If I were in a relationship we would be playing COD together. Therefore it might help our relationship XD

• no I don't blame the game but I will blame the player

• Well, if you can't beat em... you join em ;)