My ex wants me back, should I agree?

My boyfriend stopped talking to me 3 weeks ago without any reason, I called a couple times and he didn't answer. after a week I decided that it was time to give up on him and move on.

but now he started talking to my best friend telling her that he couldn't move on, and that he wanted me back, she told him to simply talk to me and try to fix things between us.
he then told her that he will talk to me when his exams are finished, which is next week.

I want to get back with him but i don't want him to take me for granted and talk to me whenever he feels like it like he did before. what should I do?

35

Most Helpful Guy

• No all he wants is a backup plan

Most Helpful Girl

• yeah that is not cool bc y'all were a couple, not just dating or friends. Whats really concerning is why he would disappear like that and all of a sudden come back? My first thought is another girl and it evidently did not work out so now he is back. why leave you for her? who knows. Maybe he was feeling her more and had no respect to just break it off with you. I mean what other reason unless it some family emergency and even that is no excuse to just leave your girl like that.

So if you still want him back after that, he has a lot of explaining to do and if his excuse is lame and not believable to you, then i would not get back with him.

He has no respect for you clearly and chances are high that he will do that again. Its up to you

What Guys Said 4

• if your gonna take him back make it clear the next time he does it will be his last time you got better thing to do than play games. and if thats all he want to do to go buy a game system.

• Deny him, you'll find someone better.

• don't try to shove the shit back in your rear.

• First thing you need to find out is if he's had a girl on the side. Sounds like he did and she might have left his ass for another guy. So now he's falling back to you. I've seen that happen a lot of times from both women and men.

What Girls Said 2

• Only you will really know if you want to get back with him, but to be honest, he did that without any reason thats a red flag, and extremely disrespectful, I don't know who thinks its acceptable in a relationship to ignore their partner without any warning. You should find out why he did it, and that he thinks just discussing his feelings about wanting you back should entitle him to get back in a relationship with you.

• Set your boundaries right from the start. And stick to them. Communicate your needs/wants. If he can't provide that, then there'll be no relationship--just pain.