Would you stay friends or get far away in this situation?

I was seeing a guy for a bit and things were going really well but my family moved and I had to help with the move which meant staying over the summer in another country. The guy said he didn't want to do long distance and so I agreed to wait. Yesterday I got upset with him because he said that if he started dating someone else he would not cheat on them and I got angry because I felt like I was not worth waiting for. So I told him that he just needs to have some good faith and the time would go by quickly. He said that what I was doing (waiting to continue) was stressing him out and that he doesn't want to put his life on hold. So I told him in that is how he feels then I give up on him. I asked to be friends still but I kind of regret it because if he dates someone and it doesn't end well for him he's going to ask me to date again and I really don't want to and on the other hand, if he doesn't meet anyone he's going to think we can pick right up again. I'm keeping my distance right now but I am not sure if it was the right choice.

11

What Guys Said 1

• Honestly he did say he didn't want to do long distance so that should have been a good sign that he was going to move on. If he truly wanted to be with you he would wait. Guys don't think like girls do. They most likely think with the little head and not the one on the shoulders. So it's probably going to mean he will move on till you get back. If he is single see if it works if not than he is a jack ass. If he isn't going to wait you shouldn't either. Meet a guy or two and keep it light make him jealous that works wonders. Because if he sees you with someone else he is going to want to pick things back up where they left off. Think about it this way you are playing with a toy no one else is playing with, now he sees you playing with that toy and now he wants that toy to play with. Hope this helps.

What Girls Said 1

• See, you shouldn't even have to tell him to wait for you, if he truly loved and thought you were worth waiting for he'd do it without you having to even mention it, seems like he's already given you his answer, move on.