He's been ignoring me for 2 weeks after I was quite mean towards him... how do I bridge the gap and get him talking?

Me and my ex boyfriend or current (?) have been together about 5 months. It's gone really well but I've got insecurities from a past relationship and they came out one night when drunk. I called him and started talking about seeing other people. I saw him the next day and apologised but he said he can't see himself getting past it. When I left he said he needed a few days to think and he would call me, but I've heard nothing and it's almost been 2 weeks. I've tried to call him, no answer and message him, but he won't read them. I also sent him a personal little gift to say sorry. I know I have personal problems but this time has made me realise how much I want to be with him! What can I do to win him back? Do I give him time or is it over?

I've still not heard from him but I had to get my beloved dog put down today. It's a really hard time and I want to reach out to him but I'm afraid he'll reject it, do you think it's too much if I do?

26

Most Helpful Guy

• Let it go and work on yourself. It will serve you the best, whether he comes back, or not.

While you're in distress, you can't attract anyone who isn't also distressed so it's best to calm yourself and try to be happy.

If this relationship didn't work out then you will meet somebody better for you. For example, imagine you blowing off steam like you did, and your boyfriend just seeing right through it, and not caring, knowing you'd be better in the morning.

I mean, wouldn't that be great?

That's the sort of thing that is in store for you. Just relax and enjoy the journey. Success isn't happiness, only happiness is.

C

Most Helpful Girl

• I personally think that him ignoring you is very immature and cowardly. If he needs time to think, then he should let u know that he needs more time. He shouldn't ignore you... what you did wasn't right, but it happens and alcohol can make people do stupid things.. he should get that. I would avoid messaging him and let him come to you. He's being ridiculous and enjoying the control he has over you. Good luck!

What Guys Said 5

• i think you were in fault for what you did but you have handled it well. i would go see him face to face and try to talk to him. 2 weeks is a long time for not wanting to talk. you said you realized how much you loved him. i would try and show him how much you love him if i were you.

• The ball is well and truly in his court now. Harassing him about it is not going to improve matters. If he wants to come back, he will, in his own time.

• It's over whenever you decide to be.
    Otherwise you can keep waiting, but remember!
    The more you get deep into a wound, the more it will hurts.

• It's over

• he is better off. you should bang someone else since you mentioned it already. douchebag

What Girls Said 1

• Time and space is all you can do now. Initiate the no contact for a while because you have shown him how sorry you are and he knows that now, he just needs a lot of time to think.