He is a good guy but I don't want to be friends anymore. How do I get him to stop messaging me?

This is a result of me trying to be nice... I'm a college student and i meet this guy in a film club. He is a good guy but he is really socially awkward. He doesn't really relate to people because he has really niche interests (like 16th century sh*t). i pitied him and would sometimes talk to him and even got coffee with him once. He told me how he doesn't really have friends and how people have blocked him on fb before. And how it really affected him. And ever since he considers me like a close friend. But now its gotten to the point where when he fb messages me, all he wants to do is talk about himself and im tired of it. I'm busy, i got sh*t to do. I dont have time to to message him just to talk to him about his life! So i started ignoring him on fb. But once every few months he will message me "hello" , "hello again", "hi again" . He isn't getting the hint! I feel bad because i know he is a good person and he doesn't have very many friends. But i dont want to waste my time talking to him and going out of my way for him when we dont have anything in common. How do i get him to stop talking to me without being mean?

13

Most Helpful Guy

• "You're a nice guy, but I find that you're messaging me a little too often. No offence, but I feel like we don't relate all that well".

Most Helpful Girl

• Tough love. "You're a nice guy but I just just can't handle your constant need to talk about yourself. You'd have more friends if you were more interested in them than finding someone to talk about yourself with"

What Guys Said 2

• No way, be mean for your freedom's sake.

• once in a few months... and you can't just reply to him...

• Maybe more like once a month. This guy is known for being socially clueless and awkward. Even guys avoid talking to him. The times i have replied to him he just talks about himself and the werid history he likes. I know i might sound mean but He is using me to talk at, not to talk with. It gets tiring have to hold up a convo for his sake every month.

What Girls Said 0

The only opinion from girls was selected the Most Helpful Opinion, but you can still contribute by sharing an opinion!