How should I break up with my girl?

I'm a very active person and my girlfriend is very low energy all the time. Doesn't like doing high energy activities, barely ever wants to have sex. She'll lay in bed and let me go down on her and rarely do any other position other than missionary.
Should I break up with her? Her energy is really bumming me out and I don't wanna hurt her feelings.
I really do like her but her energy is really depressing. How should I tell her it's over?

54

Most Helpful Girl

• If you don't feel like you are compatible or have anything in common then yes, it may be a good idea to end the relationship. Couples should have at least some similar interests. If one person wants to go out and be doing something a lot while the other person just wants to stay home all the time, that can lead to some issues. Similarly, if a couple has completely different sex drives, that can also cause problems. Unfortunately, these types of issues aren't always fixable.

Of course communication is important but people can't really fundamentally change who they are, what they like, and something like their sex drive. So, if you think the relationship is not going anywhere and you aren't happy then you should talk to her and explain that.

Most Helpful Guy

• Sounds very much like my ex. It sounds like you've decided already, so you should sit down and let her know what's been troubling you. Be honest, at this stage you have nothing to lose. See how she reacts. She might not realise how it's affecting you and your feelings towards her.

If she offers to do something about it, give her a chance. DON'T do what I did and think you're being a good and supportive guy by letting multiple chances slide with no actual change from her. I lost years of my life to unhappiness that way.

What Girls Said 4

• You could start by saying that you've had a lot of fun, and you have a lot of great memories of her, but it's just not working anymore, and just tell her those reasons.
    There are many more shameful reasons to dump someone, and yours seem straightforward and honest. Tell her that this is just the best way for both of you, because she can continue with her lifestyle, and you can continue with yours.

You got this, bro!

• I think you should because both of y'all should be with someone you're more compatible with.

Tell her that you're just too energetic and she's not which is bumming you out some.

• Yes do it

• Tell her you're looking for different things and end it. People break up. No big deal

What Guys Said 3

• Fuck her hard then be like "lets go for round 6!" and she will give up on you and realize her inferiority.

• Tell her you're not compatible for those reasons

• I back this up %100.
      if you're not compatable, just be honest about it

• @timmy111 Yeah better than worse break up down the road

• Exactly. And not being compatible is a perfectly sound reason. Nothing to feel bad about.
      Let her and yourself both find a more suitable match

• Why does she have no energy?