Why guys do this WHILE BREAKUP?

I dunno if this is a guy thing, I dont hear females do it as much.
But why do people in general disregard reality when they breakup?

When my ex broke up with me he said "it was ONLY 6 months, nothing happened"

This guy would cry to me and nobody else, he planned our kid's future and even the schools they would go to, he said he loved me and did the most loving things without me asking. He was willing to cut off his fmaily for me.

Why would he in the heat of a breakup say such hurtful words? as if the relationship was basically nothing?

Most Helpful Guy

• Because he was angry and sad at the same time

Most Helpful Girl

• Because people don't think while experiencing intense emotions

Sponsored

What Guys Said 7

• Probably haven't heard about it much because women use a different line...
    "now i see your TRUE behavior" or "now i see who you REALLY are", (i don't know, i never listen to it), something along those lines. Like they didn't see it before but planned and hoped to change it... pfft.
    Anyway, i wouldn't call 6 months nothing, but its not really something either... if he said it in the heat of a breakup, then its like cauterizing a wound... seal of the relationship emotions from progressing further so as to deal with the internal aspects. Probably just lashing out.

• You keep poking me isn't going to change anything, im simply here to chat and you are being rude. Im not entirely certain as to what you will report but go ahead, might calm your ego to a point where we can actually chat about your lost love so good idea, do it.

• @OrdinaryGentleman Now you're intruding on aother user! wow. Why are you so easily provoked? Dont take out your inadequacy on me! I dont have time for you! you're not gonna sit here and play bop a mole around like a loser! pick up whatever pieces of dignity you have left and just bounce! I swear, nobody will miss you. I promise. Exit stage left.

• He could be doing all these things, but frankly, did you do anything in return? Did you love him? Did you show that? I went through a similar thing, not to the extent of planning a future like that, but I thought my ex was my everything. Until I changed, and saw her in the actual light. He must've saw someone who really wasn't someone who he wanted to spend his time with. And the line he said, was telling you you didn't do anything. If he broke up with you, this is your chance to CHANGE. You have to want to change, and if you do, you could make it work again.

I also agree with @Tdieseler and @OrdinaryGentleman.

• she blocked me lol

• @OrdinaryGentleman You dnt know my situation and mentioning me getting dumped does nothing to me :) I dont get dumped. And Im not like everyone. so make like your father and vanish without a trace. You mentioning "dumped" has no effect on me, Im sorry that you think it would. Your words mean nothiing. Hmm, shall I report? or should I give you more time?

• @OrdinaryGentleman No you responded because a hit dog will holler! you were whining and moaning to another user how "she blocked you"
      I know you think your opinion (or lackthereof) holds any grain of weight... but it doesn't.
      So make like your daddy... BE GONE

• sounds like he has issues. i dont know. but he shouldn't have if he broke up with you. if you or him had the right to be mad its you not him. remember he broke up with you. not the other way around. you can tell him. you won't find another girl like me and play that card or just ignore him. had girls say a lot of shit to me. so i know the feeling.

• Hurt people hurt people

• Because they get caught under loves spell and they break out to see what a mess it really is when compared next to reality.

• lovespell? lol, good luck when you're ready to settle down and you noticed all the people are wifed up and you let go of someone u regret

• dude if after only 6 month he plans for future kids schools, that´s where he disregarded reality. not when he said "it was only 6 months", cause that´s actually accurate.

• Nothing wrong with plannin gthe future, shows a rela man who actually commits! many men actually want to commit and come form cultures where men step up and not sleep and use a woman for 10 years before finally deciding to settle down. we have morals

• better girl.

• Better? umm noo.. nah he wasn't seeing anyone. Still is single.

• @OrdinaryGentleman Posters already complained about you spamming theri post! is it that damnn serious? are you that pressed? so the hellw hat if you get a notification.. must you entertain it?
      you're such a juvenile!

• Why don't you simply ask me to stop commenting nicely. No i am not spamming and no he asked politely for me not to comment. Look what happened, perhaps you should follow suit

What Girls Said 5

• Maybe he got too vulnerable and it freaked him out and he is trying to downplay it. Since he was so open with you he might look back and think he showed "weakness" and he needs to act all manly now and brush it off. Or since it was just 6 months and it seems a lot happened maybe it went way too fast for him and he realized that so he is now acting like 6 months is too soon to act that way and be upset over a breakup. Either way, you did nothing wrong, he freaked himself out one way or the other and now he is trying to back pedal. You know what it was and what you guys had. It doesn't mean he freaked out and wants to break up now, but this is all his issues not yours.

• Because it was nothing to him. I'm sorry :(

• You know what? He was an asshole. Don't do or say anything. Move on with your life.

• trying to appear strong i assume... hide his feelings so you dont see him as "broken" and devastated and think he is weak or take advantage of him or w. e

its like he doesn't want to show you vulnerability anymore

• it happened to me too recently... when I broke up, except mine was 2 years relationship. And he said he wanted to marry me, i will go against my parents for you, let's raise our kids like this and that... all bs.
    when he broke up: i don't love you anymore... what bs
    it's not like we're married... it was just 2yrs
    nothing happened... when everything did.
    then... you are too immature and childish... like he didn't know my personality
    my parents don't like you... like he didn't know about the opposition before

IT happens because their f'ing assholes. Just disregard. some men are like that.

• So true!!! and I read stories of those types coming crawling back!!

• yeah, everyday... i try to avoid him.

• but it's impossible... i have to sometimes sit next to him, across from him... etc.