Ex boyfriend confusion?

I asked my ex boyfriend of 5months that we have not been together... Why do we still speak/meet up and he said Because what we had wasn't for nothing and don't wanna lose contact. What does this mean? Thanks

32

Most Helpful Guy

• In a good world, it would mean that he's cool as hell. You had something, it didn't work out, he's content keeping it friendly because you are a cool person too...

• Thank you for replying... But it's a little hard to cope with that as I still love him and he knows this.

• We were together a good year and a bit, talked about living together and he broke up with me once before as he wanted his cake and eat it. So all very complicated :/

• which relationship story isn't. and I've never seen a situation where someone "wanted their cake and eat it as well" and that worked out. i'd like to hear the story...

Most Helpful Girl

• Just because Two people Break up Doesn't mean they Can't and Don't Make up and that it's Good-bye, my love Forever. And when Two Exes Still Have a Softie Spot in their own Hearts that is Cleared Marked with an X, There May come the Time down the Love Line when They... Don't want to lose contact.
    Don't be Confused here, dear. I Read Right between the 'Lines" of what he is Saying... No, he is not Swaying away.
    He still wants you in his life but not as a girlfriend Nor as a Wife... At this given time anyways.
    The ball is in your court as to What You may Want. If it is going Slow with Joe and Nursing and Nurturing perhaps Something Special that Could be Again or to End up as Friends... With or without Benefits, it's your Move on this Groove.
    Good luck. xx

What Guys Said 1

• Means he still wants you, and has feelings for you.

What Girls Said 2

• It seems as though he's using you until someone else comes along. .. or to use both of you. If I were you, I would cut all communication with him. It'll help you move on and possibly make him realize what he lost. Don't allow him to take you for granted.

• He wants to be friends still