Should I contact a friend of my ex (female friend)?

A few months ago I ended a 4 year relationship with someone on not so bad but still not so good terms. During this relationship we made friends with a few cop people, but since I was not exactly allowed to work, he was always the one setting up meetings and I simply join him. Now one of these friends was pretty cool and I want to hang out with her. Is it ok to contact her or she's his friend now and I'd be entering enemy territory?

31

Most Helpful Girl

• Yeah it's okay to contact her

What Guys Said 1

• Yes, If you enjoyed/got along with her, than go ahead and be friends.

What Girls Said 2

• If you both made friends together then they are equally your friends too and you should not feel weird hanging out with them. They might feel weird hanging out with you though so I would let them know that it is perfectly okay to be friends with both of you and you have no weird or hard feelings about that.

• Do you only want to hang out with her to be closer to your ex?

• Absolutely not. I want to hang out with her because she was a cool person.

• If it's for the right reason, then go for it. We could all use another friend :)