He did me wrong! This was my revenge. Am I crazy for this?

I met this guy during fall of last year. The moment I met him I was instantly infatuated by him. The infatuation I had with him had grown and so had my feelings for him. I'd never felt this way towards any guy before so I became terrified of losing him. I always suspected him of talking to and possibly doing more with other girls when we weren't together so I never fully trusted him. We had a falling out in January and ended our relationship. How did things end? Simple. I told a bunch of people right in his face that we weren't together. Which we weren't. We were never official. We made up in April and in May we decided to hang out. When we hung out it was like things were back to normal he even told me not to talk to other guys because that's how things between us got heated in the first place (I never talked to other guys by the way. I liked him too much to do that). After we hung out, the very next day he invited me over and we did have sex. I didn't want to but I eventually gave in. It was terrible as usual. A few days go by and things are going great. But I notice that I have to text him first in order to talk to him and it was never really like that before. I instantly got a bad feeling. I just knew something wasn't right. I got this amazing idea to catfish him and low and behold all my suspicions of him since day one were proven right. He didn't text me back one night so the next day I waited for him to text me first. He never did so I made the profile. Instantly he replied to the girl I was catfishing him with. He told her how much he wanted to meet her, how he wasn't talking to anyone, how much he liked her, etc. I was furious. I texted him told him he was dirty and to no longer contact me. I blocked his number and everything else. He didn't try to contact me or anything either. Anyways I couldn't bring myself to cut contact with him and my catfish girl. I miss him and talking to him. Through her is the only way I can talk to him. Am I crazy for all of this?

Just want to say thanks for the feed back everyone gave. I didn't realize just how crazy I was for doing what I did but everyone seems to have the same opinion. I will cut ties with him and the catfish girl and never do something like that to him or anyone else for that matter. My feelings were just hurt and still are and I obviously went about handling those feelings in the wrong way. But I promise I will cut ties with him and the catfish girl and never have any contact with him again. 😔

86

Most Helpful Guy

• A bit crazy, considering you violated his trust for you and your trust for him, but still he lied.

Most Helpful Girl

• I've done that before.. With making the fake online profile and cat fishing to catch a guy to see if he is genuine with me or not. Both times it didn't end well, and I was very upset. I had been seeing this guy for a couple of weeks and slept over, and he would message me every day and I really thought we were going strong.. And then I saw him online and made a fake profile and he said to the girl he wasn't seeing anyone, never really met anyone, how hard it is to do so, etc. Man! Did that sting! Right away I reacted as you had, my only bad is that I let him talk back into my life because he really did go off and explain himself and he made me feel like it wasn't as big as I was making it. We are still talking... I must be a fool, I don't know. I recently made another fake account since that incident happened a month ago. He hasn't messaged her yet, so we'll see.

Anyways, I don't think you're crazy at all. You really liked the guy! Those are real feelings and he destroyed that. This is on him, it really is. I know others will tell you that wasn't right to catfish him and whatever, but we have to do what we have to do in order to see if others are genuine, especially when we have suspicions as we had. It's a form of protection, and I think all you're feeling and did is valid. Don't let guys make you feel guilty or as if you did wrong when it was really them.

• I let him drive 2 hours to meet the catfish girl. We only lived 30 minutes apart and he would always have a problem driving that 30 minutes for me. But he was more than willing to drive 2 hours for a meet up with the catfish girl. When he got there he waited an hour for her before leaving and driving 2 hours back home. I wanted to waste his time like he did mine. That same day he drove to her he texted me asking why I told him never to contact me again. I wish I could show you the text. He really doesn't know what I know and even said I was just arguing with him for no reason just to do so. Basically he made it seem like I overreacted for no reason because he didn't text me for one day. But it had been days since id heard from him. During those days he was chatting it up with the catfish girl. He told me I know he has a lot going on and that I should have waited til that was over to hear from him... Are you fucking serious? But he had no problem talking to the catfish girl on a daily

• @Deepblue11 Omgggg you're amazing!!! This is the best advice ever! Thank you, thank you, thank you! Everything you said was exactly how I felt! You're so right. I feel 10x better about the situation. Just knowing what a total slime bag he is is really helping me get over him and lose the interest I had in him. Thank you so much!!! You're truly amazing!

• I'm glad I could help:) I have been in this same situation not long ago and I know exactly how it feels and how maddening it is!! One day they'll realize they let a good one go, they always do!!! That won't be til they've grown up though and realize how idiotic they were ;)

What Guys Said 5

• You are crazy for keep on talking to him. Finding out that he might be a cheater if suspecting is reasonable to an extent. Still talking with him with said catfish account is crazy.

• yes you are crazy for keeping in touch with him, he's a cheater and a crappy person, im sure you can find a better person than him

• Nutcase. jpeg

• I would say you both are bad people. Oh well.

• Yup. That's crazy.

What Girls Said 7

• no you aren't i think it was a great idea to catcish him and now you've seen his true colors so why would u need such a horrible person in your life ?

• I wouldn't say crazy but definitely not okay. It seems like you are somewhat obsessed with him. I say let it go. Delete the account. Cut him off completely. The longer you wait to do it the harder it's going to be.

• Wow... I seriously hope you don't take him back if he comes back around...

• Yes you're a psycho and you should be single.

• Ugggh yeah

• Haha I have done this as well! It's interesting to see what they have to say. And sometimes when we have an inkling they aren't being honest, we will find ways to figure it out! :)
    However, I don't think this is a healthy way to keep someone in your life. And like my guy, yours is clearly a waste of your time. You don't wanna be with someone like that.. And he doesn't deserve the time and energy your using up to speak to him, even as a pretend person.
    I would walk with your dignity and let the silence you give him do the rest.

• Yes you're crazy but you're also hurt. Time to move on and forget about him