How does it feel getting dumped by your girlfriend? What goes through your head during that time, and etc?

I want to know how does it feel when someone dumps you. What did you wish you know when it happened and what helped in terms of getting over them?

22

Most Helpful Girl

• Been dumped twice. Once in Middle School and once right after HS.

I didn't care to be honest. Middle School - I was sad for like a minute.

2nd time, he ended it because I was pretty much over him. He was insecure and I just couldn't deal with it.

NOW, if I'd been dumped by my ex of 4 years (instead of doing the dumping) it would have been *excruciating*.

Buuuut, eventually things would have been back to normal

Most Helpful Guy

• well, I've only been dumped twice in my entire life (not counting "breaks")... the first one hurt... i was an amateur in the dating scene then, the second one was way later.
    I found that the phrase "good riddance, less drama" is very consoling when that happens. sadly, the loneliness is still real. So i just get a "replacement". one of the fastest ways to get over being dumped.

What Girls Said 1

• It's the worst feeling :(

What Guys Said 1

• I personally was okay with it. I just threw a tantrum and told her to never talk to me again. After the first 6 months of ridiculously hateful behavior I was cool as a cucumber.