Why do you think he messaged me?

So I received an apology text from someone I dated a month after we separated. This guy was really sincere and caring but we separated after dating for 4 months because I wasn't ready to commit. He said some hurtful things to me before the relationship ended like I used him and etc.. but one month later he texted me out of the blues apologizing for hurting me and I felt his sincerity in the message. I replied back saying thank you for the apology and I hope he's doing well. But ever since then I never got a response from him. I know I didn’t ask a question but why do u think he messaged me? Does it seem like he still missed me or was it something he wanted to say before moving on?

52

Most Helpful Guy

• My thoughts on it all is that he wanted to go further and did care for you and such. The harsh things he said were in the heat of the moment and anger fueled, so while they may have been spoken from his heart to an extent, it wasn't like he didn't care about you.

I'm guessing he still has a bit of residual feelings left over from the relationship, but not much. They aren't very romantic and he has basically moved on since the "bridge was burned," so to speak. This text was a way of remedying things, clearing his conscience, and creating closure. It sounds a bit like a goodbye.

It's all speculation, but I'm guessing it was the latter-- "something he wanted to say before moving on."

Most Helpful Girl

• I think he's trying to close the chapter on you and this was the last step

What Guys Said 1

• Perhaps, he still wants you in his life.

What Girls Said 4

• I think that's really nice he reached out and apologized. Sometimes our emotions can get in the way and we can say things we don't mean, because we're hurt. He was probably feeling rejected at the time and possibly (like you said used) so he lashed out.
    A man that apologizes is pretty fantastic! It shows he's thought of his audio a towards you and cares enough that he decided to write you and express that.
    It's hard to say what his motive was, whether he missed you or if he was feeling guilty and just wanted to clear the air. Either way he wrote - you responded and it was all done in a mature way, so that's a bonus :)

• He is just trying to see if you have feelings for him or if he could possibly get back with you but without saying it right of hand. It could also be mind games to get you to go mentally insane and blow up his phone. But it sounds like he has someone and trying to use you as a backup. Next time he sends you a message ignore it for a while and then respond or only respond when he contacts you nothing else that will eliminate his bullshit

• He just wanted to know you got the message, and he has no interest in further contact, or he would message you again.

• Seems to me like he misses you. Try contacting him again, if you are interested in him.