Girlfriend says she wants to be friends to deal with her ex boyfriend?

So I started dating this girl who was my friend back in college.. after 3months her ex boyfriend of 2 years came back from the US to win her back. He told me they broke up because he was a possessive, jealous and secretive.. He apologised to her and went to apologize to her family. She started hanging out with him and I allowed it cos she promised me she doesn't want to be with him. all of a sudden she became cold and distant to me. When we started talking she told me she wanted space and that we should be friends and doesn't know if she wants to go back to her ex. Any advice?

Thank u all for ur thoughts. I agree with u all, av been doing the no contact thing for 6days now. She keeps texting me talking about petty things and how av Never really loved her and how I gave up on us... Seems like BS to me though.

12

What Girls Said 1

• Run as fast as you can. She obviously still has feelings for the guy and jumped into something without healing first so now there's this mess. She should have dealt with all that before she started dating you. It's not your fault and you deserve better. I say move on.

• Yeah. I know right?,, sucks though, I really liked her. Am gonna do no contact until she genuinely wants to be with me, if not its probably done.

What Guys Said 2

• Give her an ultimatum. Break off all contact with him immediately ! If she doesn't dump her ass ! Hell, leave her now. She's not worthy of a good man like you.

• Bail out while you can. She's in love with him and the fact his presence was the only thing she needed to break up with you, then that really tells you where her heart is.

• Exactly, she is still hung up on her ex. It happens unfortunately and there really isn't anything you can do about it.