My ex boyfriend wrote a poem about me? Does he still love me?

The day we broke up, he posted some strange poem on his blog where he posts all of his poetry and short stories (aspiring writer studying to do it professionally) and the poem was about me. It had hints about us two and memories together and ended in talking about how I'm his biggest weakness and addiction. I only saw it because I went onto his Instagram to unfollow him as I feel more comfortable removing exes off of my social media. He unfollowed me also but has gone out of his way to come onto my profile and like my posts. Does he still love me or trying to get my attention or something? We were close for a long time before dating and I still love him deeply, we broke up a week ago. I would be interested in still being in contact with him even just as friends but he told me not to contact him as it was 'making him not want to talk to me in the future' which is why I'm so confused as to why he is doing this now. Is he regretting it?

Most Helpful Girl

• yeah guys dont just write poems without feeling what they're writing. there must be some kind of 'residual' emotion still there that's messing with him.

Sponsored

What Guys Said 3

• I would do all in my power to avoid this. It isn't regret. It is something far more sinister: recursion.

• Not if the poem ended,
    "arsenic, strontium, plutonium, and lye,
    I can't wait to watch you die!"

• message him and ask him, there's no harm in that.

What Girls Said 0